First time in PR and on an eastern Caribbean cruise

karenemily

Depending on what kinds of things you like to do.... Myself if it were the fist time we were there. I would walk up along the city wall, through the old gate and up to El Morro. Tour the fort and either just wander back down through the city checking out the buildings and streets as well as going in some of the old buildings like the church or go across from El Morro and tour San Cristobal's fort. Also there are some cool shops and places to get some drinks/lunch. There will be lots of street vendors out when the ship is docked also. If you wanted to get out of town.. you could go to El Yunque (rain forest). It is about a hour away but worth the drive. There are some cool sights and fun short hikes. There are also some beaches that you can take a cab to... but Puerto Rico is really not the beach stop. I really think you will like just exploring Old San Juan and taking in the old world charm of one of the best cities in he world IMHO.

Edited by Dirkgun

As the previous poster mentioned, it depends on your interests. My favorite things to do in OSJ are: 1) visit Fort San Cristobal and El Morro, 2) shop, and 3) walk along the outside of the old city walls. It can be a LONG day when visiting both forts; however, they are different.