What should concierge guests book early?

sunset@sea

We will be sailing on the Magic in late January and since we are lucky to be in a concierge stateroom this time, our pre booking window is almost here.

This is only our second cruise with Disney. Our last was when our son was a baby. This time our three children will be kindergarten/PreK age so our priorities will be a little different.

We have already pre-requested a cabana, a couple of excursions and, just for fun, brunch at Palo.

Does anyone know what types of things are best reserved ahead of time, and what things can wait until we are onboard? My understanding is that some places are held back for concierge guests for some venues (spa, specialty restaurants?) but I'm not sure which things and how much flexibility there is. Also, are there "preferences" that need to be made now (location in dining room, etc.) or can most things be done onboard or closer to sailing time?

I love to plan ahead but with young children flexibility is a good thing, too.

Thanks!

Rotation.

This is IMO the most valuable concierge perk. As CL, you can request a said rotation. Odds are it will be met.

So, figure out the 3 possible rotations for your cruise, then figure which ones may benefit you.

Then request it.

:)

Thanks for the input. We booked a cabana, a couple of excursions, a brunch and dinner at Palo, and we requested to be in Lumiere's for formal night. I love to see my little people all dressed up and that seems like the perfect dining room. Now I can sit back and relax until it's time to start packing. (Who am I kidding? I'll find other details to obsess about!). :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The earlier you make your requests (even for speciality restaurants) the more likely you are to get your exact request time.

If you wait until you board, you will still get your reservation on the day you request, but the time could be slightly off (the biggest difference for us was an hour later than we requested).

The concierge staff will do their very best to meet all of your requests. They were even able to help me with surprises (very specific items) in our cabin upon embarkation.