Dark Circles

Lem

boarding school or summer camp for the kids, doggie resort for the dogs, but an under eye eraser, I'm looking for one too! I've tried several, but no real success.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

According the "buzz", the best one is by Yves St. Laurent (YSL).

I don't recall the name of it, but supposedly it's the best one on the market.

I can't say from personal use as my circles are light enough to be covered by foundation.

The best defense is to try and get rid of the circles, hence, then you will not have cover them up. Try pure Vitamin K oil, or Vitamin E oil (both available in the herbal section/vitamin section at Walmart). Also, Mary Kay makes a great product with a money back guarantee - Lumineyes - has Vit K and I believe Retinal in it. Be forewarned tho, if you have extremely sensitive skin, it will sting and possibly make your under eye area look worse than prior to the dark cicles! I have had excellent results with Mary Kay, but my circles were due to lack of sleep, too much work, way too much stress. Also, drink at least 90 oz of water a day! Not the typical 64 oz as recommended. If you are of Greek or any Mediterran descent (as I am) they are most likely hereditary and there is not much, to include laser surgery, that you can do about them.

Physicans Formula and Clinque both have wonderful concealers - you should always be choosing either a yellow base or green base,or in Clinques case, they have a rose base, depending on your skin tone. Never use a foundation color base, nor white.

I know my beauty secrets! Trust me on these!!

One more thing.....NEVER EVER EVER GO TO BED WITH MAKE UP ON!!!! Not only with your mascara smear it's way into your skin underneath your eyes, it is just BAD BAD BAD for your skin! Always take the 1 minute to wash your face, with a good cold cream, prior to hitting the sack!!!!

Great advice, NeedAVacation!

I just want to add that I've had good luck with eye serums from The Body Shop. One's no longer stocked so I won't go into it; the new one's their chamomile moisturizing one. I'm currently using Origins No Puffery because it doesn't leave a residue on my eye. Other gel/serum types leave nasty crud when they dry and it makes it hard to apply makeup there. Creams don't give me that problem, but I have puffy eyes too and the gel types work better for me. I first bought No Puffery last year in March and only had to buy a new one this month!

I should mention that my circles are not gone and probably never will be, but they've retreated and faded in color. They used to be a darker bluish purple and covered a larger area. Now they're pink/lavender and smaller, so it's much easier to cover with concealer.

I found that if you wear glasses full-time, you're much more likely to get the dark circles. But imagine dark circles AND wrinkles. icon_eek.gif The best way to cover them is to use a product that is either green or yellow coloured. Lancome carries both.

Beth

My dark circles are due more to the bags under my eyes, or rather the bags high on my cheeks just under eyes. They tend to get worse when pollen is high and my sinuses fill up.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

Yes, I have a tendency to agree with you on the MK stuff. Used to be a die hard fanatic, years ago, in fact even met, in person, the woman herself (lovely lady - RIP). I stopped using their products when I started going to an aromatherapist and thus started using the majority of products that have no chemicals, i.e., are all natural and are definately not tested on animals. (Estee Lauder, Clinique (yes I recommended them so no flaming!) and Lancome (just another name of L'Oreal - they just up the price - all test on animals.

My hairstylist sells MK and she had her husband use this Lumieyes product and told me if I was not completely satisfied, she would 100% refund my money. So far, I am completely satisfied with it. I cannot and do not use it every night, but about every other or 3rd night. It is the only MK product I use. I use witch hazel and tea tree oil (mixed together) as a toner/astringent. Any pure essential oil is a natural antibotic (but never use peppermint or cinnamon, etc., directly on your skin - ouch!) and you can use them on your skin, cuts, wounds, bites, blilsters, splinters, etc. and to clean your house, etc. Lemon grass is great in a bucket water to clean with and your house smells great! OT, I know.

My sister sewars by the tea bags trick on her eyes, but again, I drink between 70 - 90 oz of water a day (I try for 90) and I believe the water has helped more than anything. I also exercise, faithfully, every single night of the week.

I have HORRIBLE dark circles, partially genetic, but exacerbated by allergies.

For just a regular concealor, I like Prescriptives. It gives really good coverage.

Also, I found this stuff by L'Oreal in their "Air Wear" collection named "Brightener", that helps A LOT. I don't wear it by itself, but I dot on a little with my regular concealor, and use a brush to blend it in. I don't know what's in it, but it works like a charm, and the dark circles just disappear...

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

Okay, I know this is a dumb question, but I am not sure if I have under eye circles or bags. Are they the same thing? I definitely have a "circle" looking thing under my eye, but I think the circle area is actually lighter, rather than darker. I am never sure if I should be treating with concealer or what I should do about them. I have never been a girly-girl and used a lot of products but as I get older, I feel like I need to pay a bit more attention. Hopefully, it is not too late!

Mary

<FONT SIZE="5"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Bill & Mary</FONT></FONT>

<FONT SIZE="3"><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">Golden Princess: May 9, 2004</FONT></FONT>

(A 25th Anniversary First Cruise.... Everyone has to start Somewhere!)

Leaving ON:

<FONT SIZE="4"><span style="border:blue double 5px;"><span style="background-color:#000066;"><tt><FONT COLOR="#33CCFF">~ 5/9/04 at 11:00p.m. {No Countdown Clock: You Figure It Out} ~</span></span></FONT></FONT></tt></p>

Mary (or Bill?):

Darl circles will literally (when you don't have any make up on) give a "skeletal" appearance to the face. I know that sounds harsh, but really, that is what it looks like - because of the dark shadow, your eyes look sunken - this is in the worst case scenario. Alot of dark circles that women complain about are simply because they are not taking their make up off before going to bed, and not using any type of eye make up remover, which only lends to the problem.

Bags, well, the best example of circls I can use is what a tummy looks like AFTER a C-section and BEFORE the tummy tuck *wink *smile!!!!

Fortunately, I have never had a severe case of circles and don't have bags - but bags under the eyes are much more easily rectified than circles. Circles under the eyes can be hereditary and because of the eye area senstitivity and thin skin, there is not much one can do about them that it inexpensive. Laser surgery is an option I guess, but I don't know anyone that has had it. There are concealers on the market and you can literally go broke trying them all - always stick with a yellow or green base if you choose a concealer. And remember, more $$ does not necessarily always mean better results! Vaseline is STILL the best eye make up remover on the market and it costs less than $5.00!

Archived