Latitude Points Question

jack300s

We booked our current 14 day cruise about a year before the cruise date.

About week ago we upgraded to a SE Suite on our cruise next week. Do we still get credit for booking the cruise 9 months in advance?

I'm hoping we will now receive;

14 points for 9 months in advance

14 points for 14 night cruise

14 points for a suite

About week ago we upgraded to a SE Suite on our cruise next week. Do we still get credit for booking the cruise 9 months in advance?

14 points for a suite

In my opinion, NCL give away these latitude points far too easily.

I guess you won't get the additional points for the suite, because you didn't book it at full fare when the reservation was originally made:

From NCL Latitudes Rewards

'Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.*

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites'

The answer depends on how the upgrade was handled. If it has the same booking # then it is likely, if you had to cancel your old reservation and create a new one then likely not.

Thanks. Just checked and the new invoice reservation number and the booking date remain the same as the original booking.

I guess you won't get the additional points for the suite, because you didn't book it at full fare when the reservation was originally made:

From NCL Latitudes Rewards

'Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.*

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites'

Didn't think about that. Hoping we get credit for the suite since it wasn't a free upgrade and we paid extra.

Thanks for the info..

14 points for a suite

You will get 14 points for a 14 day cruise and 14 for 9 months in advance. No extra points for the suite.

I guess you won't get the additional points for the suite, because you didn't book it at full fare when the reservation was originally made

You will get 14 points for a 14 day cruise and 14 for 9 months in advance. No extra points for the suite.

We have always (done this at least three times) gotten the suite points even after upgrading to suite from original lower cabin category only weeks before the cruise. It depends on how the upgrade is handled.

Edited by Demonyte

We have always (done this at least three times) gotten the suite points even after upgrading to suite from original lower cabin category only weeks before the cruise. It depends on how the upgrade is handled.

Agree. This has been true for me in the past, too.

Thanks for the info. Our PCC tought we'd get credit for the Suite and put in for it? We'll wait and see. I'll follow-up after the cruise and let every know...

Edited by jack300s

I booked our cruise originally more than 9 months before the cruise, on a latitude offer, and the way I figured it, we would get 7 points for the cruise, 7 points ttl for 9 months in advance, and 7 points for the latitude offer, for a total overall of 21 points which would bump us up to the next level. However, when I changed it to a mini suite gty, recently, my pcc said that I would lose the points for the 9 month booking. We'll see what happens after the cruise. Hope we still get the extra points.

Edited by quillwercruisers

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd update everyone about how many points I'd get for upgrading to a suite two weeks before the cruise from my orignal booking.

Some said I'd get the extra points and some said no because I changed my original booking.

Just returned Friday from our 14 day Panama Canal Cruise. At the time we had 41 points and were silver.

We are now platinum (97 points). We picked up 56 points for this cruise bypassing gold. We recieved the following;

14 points - one for each night

14 points - booking 9 months in advance (original booking)

14 points - booking a suite

14 points - booking a lattitude inside offer

Wanted to update everyone and provide info for future cruisers.

Thanks. Just checked and the new invoice reservation number and the booking date remain the same as the original booking.

I booked my Sun cruise 665 days out. I upgraded from an inside to an OV at about 6 months out. My reservations number stayed the same but I was expressly told by the rep I would lose my extra points because I modified my cabin less than 9 months out. I'm not worried about it though as I got my OV for less than I originally paid for my inside.

Thought I'd update everyone about how many points I'd get for upgrading to a suite two weeks before the cruise from my orignal booking.

Some said I'd get the extra points and some said no because I changed my original booking.

Just returned Friday from our 14 day Panama Canal Cruise. At the time we had 41 points and were silver.

We are now platinum (97 points). We picked up 56 points for this cruise bypassing gold. We recieved the following;

Guess I'll have to keep an eye on my points after my Thanksgiving cruise. Would rather be silver than bronze when I take my Alaska cruise next summer.

YAY!!!!!!! That's great. Very happy for you!! I'm hoping the same applies for us as it will bump us up to Gold after our next cruise in January.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye on my points after my Thanksgiving cruise. Would rather be silver than bronze when I take my Alaska cruise next summer.

Please do, then report back. Some of us are trying to find the pattern here. I know that I chose an upsell for a cruise 6 weeks away, but the booking date remains the original one. If that had been a 9 month out booking, I would expect the extra points.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We upgraded to a suite our last cruise and only got 21 vs the 28 I feel we should have gotten. ..I did email latitudes but it seems everyone gets different answers. Those 7 points would make me platinum. ..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We upgraded to a suite our last cruise and only got 21 vs the 28 I feel we should have gotten.

It's too bad that you feel like you should get something against the Terms of the program - but in reality what happened to you is how it should go. The fact that somebody has had different experience doesn't make what happened to you wrong.

I do understand the frustration of not getting enough points to become Platinum just yet, but in order for you to "should have gotten" the points, you should have booked the suite originally. As stated in this thread many times, sometimes you'll get extra points after upgrading to a suite, but not getting them is how it should go by the rules.

Wow that's great! it took me so long I booked suites, only 7 days and a few 2 night cruises but never in advance or latitudes offers.

Good going............hope it was a great cruise :)

We upgraded to a suite our last cruise and only got 21 vs the 28 I feel we should have gotten. ..I did email latitudes but it seems everyone gets different answers. Those 7 points would make me platinum. ..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Just curious as to which part of the points you didn't get. Do you know?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just curious as to which part of the points you didn't get. Do you know?

Guessing that they didn't get the 7 points for booking a suite. See post #18 above. According to the terms of the program, you have to have originally booked a suite -- as opposed to upgrading to one -- in order to earn those points.

Personally, I have been awarded suite points after upgrading at about 40 days out, but I understand that is contrary to the terms of the program.