Help! with Getting rid of airline Ticket

stcsf04

My whole family was suppose to go on a cruise together. I purchased the airline tickets and my aunt and uncle have backed out. The airline says for 50 we can do a name change. How do you go about trying to sell the airline tickets or is it even legal to do. Any help or tips would be great.

Thanks!

First, are you sure these are transferable tickets??? They must be really expensive tickets to be transferable. If they are, great!!!

Ebay-travel section-just be honest how you got the tickets as Ebay is pretty strict with travel stuff (lots of ripoffs)

You may also want to speak to your cruiseline. Speak to the air department, not the CSR who answers the phone. Or maybe even escalate to Guest Relations. The cruiseline may have use for the tickets, if you are on a popular sailing. Offer them something like "I will take XXXX onboard credit for my tickets". It's unconventional, but definitely worth a try. I would not ask for cash-it would probably be too complicated.

Good luck.

They are on Midwest Express. I got a really good deal on them. They say you can change the name for 50 or change the dates for 50. I am not looking at making money on them I just want to get my money back.

I try the cruiseline it can't hurt.

It looks like you have to pay that $100 fee to change the tickets. Question is, how much did you pay for those two tickets? Midwest Airlines' site says

"Nonrefundable fare types are just that, nonrefundable. However, if you need to cancel your trip, your ticket remains valid for one year from the date of purchase. You may apply its value toward the purchase of another nonrefundable fare type. A $100 change fee ($50 for Saver Service) applies, plus any difference in fares. If the new fare is less expensive than the original fare, you may apply that difference toward the change fee.

A $100 change fee ($50 for Saver Service) will be charged for changes to nonrefundable tickets."

GOOD LUCK and keep us updated.

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Archived