All Booked

JCSM-Mom

Well, we are all booked. DH & I and the kids (15, 4, 2.5 when we sail) and Grandma and Grandpa are all booked for our 2006 Disney Land/Sea Vacation.

This time around we'll be sailing on the Wonder. I've been on Magic twice, so I'm looking forward to seeing the Wonder.

We are booked in the Caribbean Beach Resort, does anyone know if that use to be Dixie Landing? I stayed at Dixie Landing twice. We booked connecting inside cabins. To tell you the truth, I can't remember what cabins I had on the Magic, I spent so little time in them. I'll probably be in shock in an inside after having a JS this November, but it's only 3 days and on Disney who stays in their cabin!

The last two times we were there I didn't make it to Animal Kingdom, but with the kids I thought they might like it, any tips?

It's a long time to wait! Good thing I have some fun things planned in the mean time!:D

Port Orleans Riverside was Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Frech Quarters was the original Port Orleans.

Carribean Beach is close to the Boardwalk & MGM. Recently renovated. Very nice. It's in teh best location of all the moderates IMO.

Have a great trip!

BTW, I actually do use my cabin, nothing like having breakfast out on the balcony. Especially when the ship is moving. I love it! One of my favorite parts of cruising.

We also love to come back after a long day and enjoy some cheese and wine out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Your kids will love animal kingdom if they like animals.

We go there all the time in the winter months. The animals are more active in the cooler weather.

Tip #1 for animal kingdom.

Get there when the park opens up. Head back to Africa first and either do or get a fast pass for the Safarie ride. This is a fantastic ride and it lines up very quickly. The animals are more active and easier to spot early in the morning.

This ride is great for kids of all ages. Make sure you have plenty of film, you'll need it. Dont hesitate to do it twice if you have th etime as the animals are different everytime you go through the safari.

Tip#2 Cross over to the Dinosaur ride in the Dino section as it too can get long lines. They do have a fast pass system for that ride too. Usuallly we get a fast pass for the safari then go and do the dinosaur ride while waiting for our fast pass time. While in this section, if you have th etime go for the Dino rama ride and right next to it is the triceratops spin, that your younger kids will probably want to do. ( like Dumbo accept with dinosaurs).

Tip #3. If you dont have time to see all the shows there I would highly recommend the Lion King show for your first choice, then Tarzan rocks for the second choice, the Flights of Wonder as 3rd and Pocahontas and her friends for the last. All are good shows, just the Lion King and Tarzan are the most popular. Arrive 15 to 20 minutes before showtime to be sure you will get a seat. These theaters hold a lot of people, but can fill up quickly.

Tip #4 The Kahli river rapids ride has a fast pass too. You'll have to use it or wait in a super long line. It is a great ride, but not worth standing in line for an hour to get on, so as soon as you use up a pass, walk over and get one for this ride.

Tip #5 It's a Bugs life show is a must to see. It's a 3D show that is hosted by Flick. great for all ages. Some loud noises and darkness in spots, so you can judge for your self if your younger kids would be ok. The show is only about 10 minutes long, so even long lines move fairly fast. They do have fast pass for this attraction too. However the walk in is 1/2 the experience as you wind around the tree of life and see all the carvings and movie posters along the way.

Tip # 6

Food is a little different in this park. Cant think of anywhere for a simple burger or hot dog. The Pizzafari has pizza and sandwiches which are very good. The flaming tree BBQ is good, but spendy for the size portions you get and you do sit outside. The Tusker house in Africa is very good, some african flavored foods. Chicken is their specialty. Very good food, more dinner style. There are menus outside of all the restaurants there. There is a buffet in dinoland, Donalds breakfastasaurus. I believe it's only open at breakfast. Lots of snack places of course and gift shops.

Tip #7 save all the trails to walk to fill in while your waiting for fast pass time to come. You can do the entire park in a day with proper planning. But is closes at 5 or 6 depending on what time of year it is.

Tip #8 Save Conservation Station for the end is you have the time, not a lot there, so save for if you have the time to do it.

Tip# 9 have a Magical vacation!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived