All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

Thank you Bob.

I would also like to know if the steam room/sauna are open to all (like on the Voyager class ships) or do you have to buy a spa pass?

Thank you.

Marilyn

Liberty (and the other two Freedom class ships) are just like Voyager class, free steam and sauna. However, if you like the hot tub in the fitness area on Voyager class, it's been replaced by a boxing ring on Freedom class.

Liberty (and the other two Freedom class ships) are just like Voyager class, free steam and sauna. However, if you like the hot tub in the fitness area on Voyager class, it's been replaced by a boxing ring on Freedom class.

Thanks! I did like that hot tub.....probably won't be using the boxing ring:p!

I'm cruising July 30th 2015. This will be my 6th cruise, but first on RCI. This will also be my first time staying in an interior cabin (I've only booked balconies in the past). Does anyone have any tips to make the experience not so claustrophobic in my room. Also if there is one thing you must do on this ship, what is it!!!

-Thanks, Andrea-

Our first cruise was on Navigator (Voyager class) and I don't remember a hot tub in the fitness area -- to be honest, I don't remember much about that cruise, other than we liked it enough to keep cruising. So we are getting to go on Navigator again this coming November. We had the boxing ring on Indy (Freedom class) and no one ever used it.

LOS cabin question. - we are family of 6 with connecting oceanview cabins. One cabin is double occupancy and the other we are booked as quad. My question is this. The legend on the deck plan map shows the quad cabin as having a pullout couch - does that mean no pull down bed and two persons are sharing the couch? Cabin is 6666 and 6668 - there is a triangle on the legend.

I'm cruising July 30th 2015. This will be my 6th cruise, but first on RCI. This will also be my first time staying in an interior cabin (I've only booked balconies in the past). Does anyone have any tips to make the experience not so claustrophobic in my room. Also if there is one thing you must do on this ship, what is it!!!

-Thanks, Andrea-

I'll give you two things: Flowrider and Ice Show.

-Thanks, Andrea-

We sail often in inside rooms since we are making two tuition payments! We love them! We sleep so well at night! There is plenty of storage space. We do bring a shoe holder we put over the door in the bathroom...makes the room more organized. We actually separated our beds on the last cruise and it made a huge difference! You could more easily sit on the bed and read or talk, with your back on the wall, not having to crawl over to get in! And getting up in the middle of the night, or just moving throughout the cabin was easier.

A gentleman on here said he and his wife separated their beds too and after they settled in for the night, he would throw his hat at her and sometime she brought it back to him, personally! DH loved that and did it many times throughout the cruise! It made sleeping separate not quite so difficult!

When we get on Liberty we are celebrating our 25th anniversary, so it's our favorite aft balcony, 1700 for us! I have to admit the balcony will be nice for all those sea days, but we are always happy to just be on a ship!

Enjoy,

Lauri

Edited by lah66

Anyone know if there is a pub or bar that I might be able to catch some of the Talladega NASCAR race on? I am sure I can watch it in the cabin on FOX but be better if it's on elsewhere too. I don't recall a dedicated sports type bar/pub on Liberty last trip on her.

Anyone know if there is a pub or bar that I might be able to catch some of the Talladega NASCAR race on? I am sure I can watch it in the cabin on FOX but be better if it's on elsewhere too. I don't recall a dedicated sports type bar/pub on Liberty last trip on her.

Your best bet would be the On Air Club, deck 3 aft.

We are sailing 10/22/15 out of NJ and the last night is 10/31. We've only been on Disney for Halloween. Does anyone know if Liberty will have any Halloween festivities (i.e., decorations, costumes, etc.)? I love Halloween. Need to know if I should planning a costume.

We've been on two ships at Halloween, Freedom and Adventure , both had decorations and quite a few passengers in costume. Freedom actually had a passenger parade. I can't speak for Liberty, but I get the impression most ships dip, particularly on US sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are sailing 10/22/15 out of NJ and the last night is 10/31. We've only been on Disney for Halloween. Does anyone know if Liberty will have any Halloween festivities (i.e., decorations, costumes, etc.)? I love Halloween. Need to know if I should planning a costume.

Let me ask.....what would you plan -- coming with a costume.....do as Nike says -- just do it.

We were on Indy for Valentine's Day sailing....our cruise began on Valentine's Day....So I had a tiara with hearts on it and I dressed in Red and White for dinner....I decorated the hat I wear to the pool and beach with hearts and wore it for the entire cruise. Have some fun....we brought some shirts for the 70's/white party....go for it....I am sure with it being Halloween, you won't be alone.

I know others came much more prepared for the 70's party than we did....but people did.

You will be a HIT, sorry it is the last night....I was a hit all cruise long...of course Valentine's Day cooperated by being the first evening on our cruise.

We've been on two ships at Halloween, Freedom and Adventure , both had decorations and quite a few passengers in costume. Freedom actually had a passenger parade. I can't speak for Liberty, but I get the impression most ships dip, particularly on US sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That must have been fun.

LOS cabin question. - we are family of 6 with connecting oceanview cabins. One cabin is double occupancy and the other we are booked as quad. My question is this. The legend on the deck plan map shows the quad cabin as having a pullout couch - does that mean no pull down bed and two persons are sharing the couch? Cabin is 6666 and 6668 - there is a triangle on the legend.

triangle = pull out sofa

asterisk (*) = one pull down Pullman bed

Black Diamond = means both one Pullman and a sofa bed

"Telephone Pole" or "cross" if you prefer = two Pullmans

Double Telephone Pole = four Pullmans

Edited by beachluver9

We were on the Explorer 2 yrs ago for Halloween. They had a great party up on deck, filled hot tubs with red coloring and floated bloody limbs in it. They had parades and special desserts all decorated. They also decorated the promenade. A lot of people dressed up. Go for it. We had a lot of fun.

I just cancelled my trip for the Norwegian Gem to the Bermuda and Caribbean Cruise on the Liberty. I'm so excited never cruised ever and this ship and ports look amazing. I'm booked in an OV Guarantee room Y. Has anyone had any good experiences with this stateroom. I'm nervous of where we will end up. Can't be to bad though, right?

We are sailing 4/30. I'm hearing a lot of confusion regarding drink pricing. Can someone that just got off the most recent sailing please confirm that ALL cocktail drinks now start at $10? Beers at $6?

I'm not a huge drinker and mostly stick to beer or a rum and coke but these prices are making me consider the package deal if true.

TIA

Me and my family are going on this cruise as well, and we are super excited to experience Halloween! We'll bring costumes, but I bet my Halloween inexperience will provide for culture clashes when I come completely oblivious to what kind of costume is appropriate. :D

So let's hope for a proper halloween party, and not "look at that foreign guy, he sure has some strange clothes on! What is this, Halloween or something?"

We are sailing 4/30. I'm hearing a lot of confusion regarding drink pricing. Can someone that just got off the most recent sailing please confirm that ALL cocktail drinks now start at $10? Beers at $6?

I'm not a huge drinker and mostly stick to beer or a rum and coke but these prices are making me consider the package deal if true.

TIA

You can see all of the drink prices here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45806308&postcount=1

Edited by magwin

You can see all of the drink prices here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45806308&postcount=1

And that is where the confusion sets in. From what I have read that has changed VERY recently. Which is why I am asking for someone that has just sailed within the last week to report in.

Thanks though. :cool:

And that is where the confusion sets in. From what I have read that has changed VERY recently. Which is why I am asking for someone that has just sailed within the last week to report in.

Thanks though. :cool:

That's all good and well, but I can't see additional price hikes in the back waters of the 40-50% increase on drink prices recently.

Logic dictates that a price hike such as mentioned above, which did not go down well with the customers (as proven within this forum) would go unnoticed in the same forum.

And if you have read that another price adjustment is indeed in effect, are you looking for confirmation that what you read is true? Who/what gave this information?

Edited by magwin

Well, I posted that price list back in the beginning of March. That was when all the on board drink menus had disappeared. So I posted that list as a guide to those that wanted a list of available drinks and a small description. Assuming that the prices may have gone up in the neighborhood of .25 or .50 cents per drink I stated that I would not vouch for price accuracy. Only a few days after posting that list, reports started coming out of drastic 40% & 50% drink price increases.

I sailed on Liberty on April 2nd and I can confirm that there are very few placed that have a drink menu, Hoof & claw does have a very limited cocktail menu but a complete beer listing.

Sadly the priced HAVE gone up 40 to 50% on most cocktails. The martinis that were already $12 are still $12. but most cocktails that were in the $8 to $10 range are now $12 and those that were $6 to $7, some are around $10.

So, as a rule of thumb, some cocktails are $10, most are $12, and the Drink of the day is $7.95 I think. (All + 18% tip)

Every single drink we had was included in our UP.

dp

TIA

If you drink the basic beers, Coors, Miller, Bud, you might consider (If still available) the "Grains" pkg I think it is $20pppd. And pay for your odd rum & coke every other day, but If you also plan on having a glass of wine with your dinner, then the premium would probably be a better fit. If you also like the specialty coffees and sparking water, consider the Ultimate PKG.

dp