Disembarkation process in Seattle

feedmytummy

Hi, everyone... We are going on an Alaskan cruise next summer, RT from Seattle. A few questions about Carnival's disembarkation process. Generally, about how long does the process actually take (customs, etc)? If we're scheduled to dock at 7:00, what would be the latest we'd be off the ship (barring any unusual circumstances)? If we opted to check-in for the flight through Carnival (I forget what that offering is called), would self-disembarkation be a good choice since we won't have to take anything off except carry-on? We are trying to see what our earliest flight home could be. Thanks in advance!

I have disembarked twice in Seattle. It was by far the easiest port ever! We walked off the ship grabbed our bags and kept walking to customs. We handed them the form and was told have a great day. We had arranged transportation to our hotel so we skipped the taxi line which was long. I will tell you the delay will come at SEATAC. Some of the longest lines we have ever seen. Hubby flies for business a lot. It took over an hour to get thru security. And we were priority/business first with precheck. And this was not cruise related. Both trips we flew two days after we returned to Seattle. So plan accordingly.

Luggage express is a great option as you don't have to bother with your luggage until you get to your home airport. Just remember to keep out what you need to get ready on the morning of debark.

As to your time line only you know your comfort level. The cab ride to the airport is about 45 mins be safe and allow an hour. You will need about an hour or two just to get checked in and thru security.

I wouldn't book anything earlier than noon but that is just me. I don't want to stress after a wonderful vacation.

Edited by springs741

I have disembarked twice in Seattle. It was by far the easiest port ever! We walked off the ship grabbed our bags and kept walking to customs. We handed them the form and was told have a great day. We had arranged transportation to our hotel so we skipped the taxi line which was long. I will tell you the delay will come at SEATAC. Some of the longest lines we have ever seen. Hubby flies for business a lot. It took over an hour to get thru security. And we were priority/business first with precheck. And this was not cruise related. Both trips we flew two days after we returned to Seattle. So plan accordingly.

Luggage express is a great option as you don't have to bother with your luggage until you get to your home airport. Just remember to keep out what you need to get ready on the morning of debark.

As to your time line only you know your comfort level. The cab ride to the airport is about 45 mins be safe and allow an hour. You will need about an hour or two just to get checked in and thru security.

I wouldn't book anything earlier than noon but that is just me. I don't want to stress after a wonderful vacation.

Great tips! I am also flying into Seattle next year and was wondering the same thing. I don't know why but I wasn't expecting it to be a 45 min cab ride to the airport! lol How much was the cab ride?

Great tips! I am also flying into Seattle next year and was wondering the same thing. I don't know why but I wasn't expecting it to be a 45 min cab ride to the airport! lol How much was the cab ride?

$50 for a cab to the airport. Just got off the Miracle in June and had priority debarkation. Was off the ship by 7:30 and got to the airport around 8:30. Was all of 45 minutes to the airport and that was on a Tuesday morning. Security was light and was at the gate by 9:15 for a 11:00 flight, but that was extremely smooth. Wouldn't recommend that early of a flight but it was our only option besides staying another day.