Anyone just off the Brillance?

trouble1964

Just off Brilliance. There was an issue with the shows due to a problem with one of the entertainers. The ventriloquist had flight problems and did not arrive when he was supposed to. In Bar Harbor they swiftly boarded another entertainer who was scheduled for later in the week and he had only a few hours to put his show together. (He spoke with us in an elevator the day afterwards...very friendly and happy to fill in the details.) We did not see the show but people said he did an amazing job. (Forgot his name but he was the one who sang the theme song for the Happy Days TV program.)

It appeared that this messed up the order of shows, and I did hear that one night there wasn't a show.

We were too busy enjoying the musicians to try any shows...great music on the Brilliance in the evenings.

The evening shows were a bit messed up. The first night, the CD said there was a problem getting the equipment for the scheduled act on the ship before we left. That act finally performed the final night. The juggler/comedian who was to perform later in the trip, performed instead the first night. We had the Drifters one night (OK but a very short performance, about 30 minutes). Bobby Arvon is the performer who did his show on very short notice because another act did not make the ship (he was awesome). One night was Broadway tribute with the ship dancers and singers, excellent show. This show was the debut on the ship and was performed a night early due to the comedian missing the ship (comedian got on in Halifax). Comedian did get on and performed night 6. I saw him on a Celebrity cruise last year and he is hysterical and does some unique bits. The last show was a combo of the duo that did not perform the first night, the juggler/comedian and the comedian. The duo did a strength type performance and was quite good. The daily was often wrong because it had been printed prior to the staff knowing someone or equipment missed the ship.

The night there was no show in the main show room, the CD acted like it was planned that way. He did not say there was no show because of transportation issues or problems with getting performers to the ship. That night there was a 6 minute show in the Centrum. It is an ariel and ground show. 3 of these shows were performed on the ship during the week. There was other entertainment in the small venues around the ship every night so that is what you could do. The daily had nothing listed for the main show room. I don't know if this was intentional or a scheduling problem but I found it odd not to have a show in the main show room one night. This was my first RCI cruise so I have no frame of reference, is this normal?

Do you happen to have copies of the dailies?

I read in a review that there are not nightly shows. On the night there is no show, what is the entertainment?