miami question

andante

Hi,

We are arriving on miami on oceania at the end of november. No doubt we will be off the ship early in the morning, but do not fly back to uk until the evening.

Do oceania ever arrange excursions for that final day which ultimately take you to the airport? (can recall one ship that took you to dolphin mall for example).

How much would a taxi be from the port to airport?

Do the airport run any trips out when you have a long wait?

Many thanks.

We booked a trip on the open top bus last March,whilst on board. Then we had a transfer to the airport (included in the trip). The bus was old (old London red bus, full of fumes, in need of a service!) It was raining and the water was pouring through into the downstairs. We got off and waited in a hotel and caught another bus which was better.

I think that you'd be better off getting a day room at an hotel and relax until it's time to go to the airport. JMHO

A few years ago we had an evening flight home. Arranged a rental car at the airport. Took a cab there and went off for the day. We had a great day. Went to Miami Beach and drove up the coast, stopping whenever we felt like it to walk on the beach or whatever.

It can be a problem to get a cab after disembarking so I will arrange a private car anytime I leave the ship in Miami.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just a suggestion. While you will get many ideas and good info here, you might want to check the ports area of the CC Forums. Here, for instance, is a forum on Florida departures. There are also discussions of airport transportation, things to do in Miami, etc.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Here is a thread specifically about taxis and shuttles from the ship to the airport.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2104399

I hope this all helps and you have a great trip!

Donna