If you have ever done a cas cruise please help

lbendick

I have a couple of questions.

I am cruising in less than 2 weeks on the Gem. I got that cruise thru Harrah's Total Rewards. Is this the same as CAS?

Also, when playing the slots, can I put my room card in and get money that way, or do I need to bring cash?

Thanks!!!

When you called to use the Harrahs certificate you called CAS for your booking. You can use your card for downloading money on a slot machine. Last March on the breakaway there was not a 3% charge but I have heard they changed that but I'm not sure about it.

You can use your card for downloading money on a slot machine.

This is true on the newer ships but necessarily true on the older ships. Was on both the Jade and the Sun in 2013 and you had to go to the cashier for cash that was charged to your onboard account.

Rochelle

This is true on the newer ships but necessarily true on the older ships. Was on both the Jade and the Sun in 2013 and you had to go to the cashier for cash that was charged to your onboard account.

Rochelle

I will be on the Gem in about 2 weeks. This is my first NCL cruise. I know on Carnival I am able to put my Sign and Sail card in and just download money to gamble on without a fee. I was curious if it was the same way on NCL.

Thanks!!

I will be on the Gem in about 2 weeks. This is my first NCL cruise. I know on Carnival I am able to put my Sign and Sail card in and just download money to gamble on without a fee. I was curious if it was the same way on NCL.

Thanks!!

I have not been on the Gem (yet), but either way, NCL charges the 3% fee (whether downloading $20 directly to a slot, or taking out $200 at the cage). Based on your level of play for the cruise, the host has the discretion whether to go back and waive those fees or not. That is on a case by case basis.

EDITED: Forgot to mention, not technically your S&S card if at slot machine, but rather your CAS card which is linked to your S&S account.

Edited by clcjdn
Added additional information

I have not been on the Gem (yet), but either way, NCL charges the 3% fee (whether downloading $20 directly to a slot, or taking out $200 at the cage). Based on your level of play for the cruise, the host has the discretion whether to go back and waive those fees or not. That is on a case by case basis.

EDITED: Forgot to mention, not technically your S&S card if at slot machine, but rather your CAS card which is linked to your S&S account.

Ok great, thanks!!

I THINK..(if I read prior threads correctly)--drink card is for those who get comped cruise..not those who book through CAS with a discount.).Hope someone clarifies.

Right. I'm booked through CAS with a comped balcony cabin and get drink cards. I booked 2 more cabins for family members getting each one a 10% discount they do not get drink cards unfortunately even though I booked them through CAS. I asked my PCC and was told no. Would have been nice but its not happening.

Not true in my case. Our last cruise to Bermuda on the BA 4th of july week we did not qualify for a comp cruise, so we got 20% off and the drink cards were waiting for us in our cabin. i'd guess because we had 7 comped cruises before that and we were already CAS members.

Not true in my case. Our last cruise to Bermuda on the BA 4th of july week we did not qualify for a comp cruise, so we got 20% off and the drink cards were waiting for us in our cabin. i'd guess because we had 7 comped cruises before that and we were already CAS members.

Well maybe my 2 extra rooms don't get drink cards because They are for family members who are not CAS members I was lucky thatbtheybgot 10% off and my balcony is comped with drink cards so not complaining. Not sure how much they will actually gamble but it's up to them. I go them in the door lol