Nachi Cocom Cozumel Beach Break, anyone hear of this?

NHRAgroup,

Yes...Nachi Cocum is in Cozumel. Go the Port Forum and look under Cozumel. There are numerous threads regarding Nachi Cocum. (We've been doing a lot of research there!) Have heard it to be a fabulous location. However, due to hurricane (Emily? was it?) that just hit the Yucutan the other month, there has been some damage to the island. Just check out that forum though-there are really good posts w/some great information regarding the status of beach clubs, etc. Also, some good websites are islacozumel.com.mx , cozumelinsider.com, cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. Islacozumel.com.mx is a good mix of information regarding the island. The later 2 are good for excursions. Hope this helps!:)

We visited Nachi in April and really enjoyed it. Did the $32 all inclusive, and enjoyed the all-you-can-eat lunch, bottomless drinks, and topless beach (to the far right). Rented float mats and got lots of sun while floating around.

I suggest you search the Cozumel forum for more info. Put Nachi in the search feature and lots will come up.

We visited Nachi in April and really enjoyed it. Did the $32 all inclusive, and enjoyed the all-you-can-eat lunch, bottomless drinks, and topless beach (to the far right). Rented float mats and got lots of sun while floating around.

I suggest you search the Cozumel forum for more info. Put Nachi in the search feature and lots will come up.

Can you tell me if the snokeling is any good, would it be right off the beach, or do you need to climb any rocks, we has a person that has a handicap and cannot go over the rocks, I did hear that the beack will ropen on Sept. 22 with repairs made and will be better then before. Any more info from others that have been there would be great, was the food good or just OK, Thanks with any help.

Its OK. The water isn't exactly snorkeling water but they do offer some boat trips to some good areas (or so I heard, we didnt go). They also offer other things such as jet ski rentals, etc.

The "pool" is kind of questionable, and the beach is more like sea shells all ground up (need footwear) but the liquor was free flowing and the lunch was good. We had a pretty good time, just don't expect anything fancy.

If this were a resort, I would give it about 2.5 stars. Not great, not horrible.

NB.

We didn't snorkel, and I doubt as it would be very good right there (too much sand). We didn't go in the pool, but others did and they said it was great, as well as the large hot tub next to it. Didn't wear any footwear along the beach nor in the water and didn't need to. A few floating weeds, but not a problem. For $32 - all you can eat & drink, plus beach chairs - don't think you really can expect a five star resort. It's just a nice, decent place to spend a day on the beach.

http://cozumelnachicocom.net/ Nachi Cocom

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html beach guide

Archived