Mini suite ?

sanddune

Hi,

We try to book a mini-suite because we like the extra room and the way it's laid out then the balcony cabin. It is worth it, but within reason. Just shop the web for specials. Princess doesn't give you any perks for getting this cabin, but same goes for HAL's SS. It is when you go up to the Full suite that you get the perks. We got once a HAL's full suite at the cost for a balcony on Princess,but we enjoyed Princess's full suite more when we got upgraded from our mini-suite :)......Dennis

Starting in Sept there will be perks for mini's. There is a thread for that and also a thread on why people prefer minis. You can search for both these threads, they are fairly new.

I cant wait to be in the mini, more room, bath tub, bigger closet, and the perks coming in Sept.

I love mini suites for the extra space, but most of all for the full bathroom!!!!

I believe that the new perks for minis will consist of pillowtop mattresses and better linens and bathrobes. HAL has done this for all of the cabins.

The perks for a minisuite include a welcome glass of champagne, new mattresses (Beautyrest) and a pillow menu. On most ships in the fleet, minisuites have bathtubs and balcony cabins just have showers. Minisuites also have a couch and a second TV, which balcony cabins don't have. On the Sun/Dawn/Sea, unless the price was ridiculous, I'd pick the minisuite over the balcony because the minis are much nicer on these ships than on other ships in the fleet (better layout, more room, much bigger bathroom). On the Grand-class ships, I'd go with the mini if the price was pretty close (within $100-200 difference).

Sanddune

You didn't say which ship - but the minis on Sun class (Sun, Dawn, Sea) are as big as some suites on other ships (but with fairly small balconies), and are very well laid-out, IMO, with large bathrooms.

We were much more impressed with those minis than the Coral/Island minis.

I opted for the mini-suite because on the cruise we're taking (CB sailing of this Oct. 29) it was only $200 per person more than a balcony cabin. If we were spending most of our time out of the room I'd be inclined to just get a balcony cabin but the bigger bathroom alone is a huge benefit.(I'm 6' 2" tall and the shower on the Grand balcony cabin was awfully cramped for me).

I also like the feel of a larger room just for the sense of more space - it's why I live in an older house. But now that the extra amenities have been announced... it's a no-brainer.

Pillow menu to select from

Beautyrest mattress instead of the harder foam type

High thread count 100% cotton sheets instead of basic cotton/poly sheets

The glass of champagne is no big deal for us as we're non-drinkers (anyone want our champagne?) but the other perks are great. Someone mentioned robes but you can get those in any room by just asking your steward when you arrive.

We are sailing on the Coral the 4th of Oct in a AB mini suite. I wonder if the new perks will be available on her at that time? Does anyone know when the conversions are taking place on each ship? I know the new perks are to start in Sept. Hope she's got the new mattress in place by then :)

....The AC mini balconies are terribly narrow in comparison.
narrow, but also quite long and very private, with room for 2 lounge chairs (although not side-by-side). The cabin itself is wonderful, and we would book this cabin without hesitation if AB not available.

Archived