Back to the "old" OBC leftover policy

Pam in CA

You could use SH only if you booked it in advance as a few did I was told..they actually had this price on line about two weeks in advance. They did let at least one couple use an FCC they had bought the week before (they were already on a back to back). The one couple told me their obc from the previous week was also going to roll over. I didn't ask about loyalty credit, but I bet they would have.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I haven't seen ships offering cruises for the next sailing to people on board in years and that wasn't Princess. Either way I'll be prepared to extend my next cruise no matter which ship I'm on. That offer is to good to let slip by. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from b2b on Grand Princess.

Had OBC from CCL, FCD, TA, Military, and Princess Promo.

Before the end of our first leg we asked about any leftover OBC being rolled over and were told, "of course!"

Asked a few days into the second leg what was the policy on leftover OBC. Reply was to the effect of, whatever you wish, cash out at the end of the cruise or put back on your credit card.

We had, for the first time, lots of OBC, so we did more on board spending than usual, but we still easily were able to cash out the rest.

I do wish things were more consistent though, ship to ship.

Edited by bigenna

I had a lady in front of me at the purser's desk this morning that said she found herself with a sizable credit to her account and wondered what she could do.

The person at the desk said you should try and spend it before disembarkation as it is not refundable. That was not the answer she wanted but she did turn and walk away.

Mike:)

We returned beginning of Oct from b2b on the Ruby. Similar situation apart from we were told that you would only get Military credit back. On a previous b2b on the Crown we were given it all back.

I think that it depends on who you speak to at the desk, but the policy should be the same no matter what ship you are on. :confused:

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

The person at the desk said you should try and spend it before disembarkation as it is not refundable. That was not the answer she wanted but she did turn and walk away.

I was on Ruby, and received three answers to the question:

"Can I roll my shipboard credit over to next (back-2-back) cruise?"

1) Yes, of course.

2) Only the refundable credit, but I will have supervisor confirm.

3) Supervisor -- yes, it should happen that way.

It is no wonder it is a confusing topic on cruise critic, as it

is obviously a confusing topic at the purser's desk.