18-20 yr old on 11 night Eastern Med.

llhiggins00

I don't know what time of year you are going. I was on the Millennium with my 18 year old daughter and one of her friends for a 12 night Mediterranean cruise in 2006 (HS grad gift). Her and her friend had a great time. It was end of June, beginning of July and there were quite a few young people from the age of 16 to 25 with their families on board. My daughter and her friend hit the lounge on the top deck every night - dance party up there after about 10 pm every night.

Just remember that the drinking age in Europe is much more lax than the US - so when you are on the ship you can sign up front to allow your 18 and older children to drink beer and wine (at least you could in 2006). As my daughter and her friend were responsible and they were allowed at earlier ages to drink wine at dinner with their families I had no problem signing this for both of them. Just an FYI.

It might be helpful to see the alcohol policy:

What is Celebrity's Alcohol Policy?

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from North America is 21. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is 18. In certain circumstances where local laws permit or require, Celebrity Cruises may modify this policy which may also require parent/guardian request/authorization. Guests may contact Guest Relations or refer to Celebrity Today for specific minimum drinking age information on their cruise vacation.

For purposes of complying with the minimum drinking age requirements, a guest’s age is established upon boarding at the beginning of the cruise vacation. If a guest celebrates their birthday during the cruise vacation, and thereby becomes of age to consume alcohol, the guest may thereafter ask the Guest Relations Manager to modify ship’s records to permit their consumption of alcohol during the remainder of the vacation. The guest will be required to appear at Guest Relations to present a valid government-issued form of identification to permit verification of their age.

No guest under age 18 may possess or consume alcohol at any time while onboard. No guest under age 21 may possess or consume alcohol at our private destinations. Any guest who goes ashore and consumes alcohol (whether under the supervision of a parent/guardian or not, is responsible for ensuring they consume responsibly and retain their ability to recognize and avoid potentially dangerous situations when they return to the ship. Parents/guardians are reminded they are responsible for the actions of their child/young adult at all times while on a Celebrity Cruises cruise vacation.

Guests who violate any alcohol policy, including but not limited to underage drinking; providing alcohol to minors or young adults; possessing, concealing or attempting to conceal alcoholic items in their luggage, when boarding or while onboard; engaging in alcohol drinking games; or failing to consume alcohol responsibly, will be considered for discipline under the provisions of this policy.

We were on the Eclipse in the eastern Med last week and the week before. As it was during term time the average age was much older. Hardly any one under 18 and not a lot of people (but definitely some) under 25.

Drinking age was 18+, but there may have been a rule about people under 21 needing parents to set the account up to allow drinks them to be charge drinks to their account.

Edited by DYKWIA

We did the Eastern Med 10 day on Reflection the very end of May, returning June 2nd. There were a number of extended families traveling together, including young adults. A few were celebrating college graduations, a couple seemed to be vacationing before starting summer jobs. The evenings were lively with a good number of young adults. Of course, I've always noticed that demographics seem to vary from cruise to cruise, often for no obvious reason.

We did this many moons ago (on Princess) and you would not have believed how many families took their high school graduates on a Europe cruise for their "last summer". It was like a record number of teens for Princess on that sailing.

Needless to say, they had a ball. They participated in almost nothing (except Bingo if their parents would vouch for them). Too old for the kids clubs, too young for the over 18/21 activities, they found an abandoned stairwell and just hung out, to the point of having room service pizza delivered to their secret hiding place on a daily basis.

Sounds terrible on paper and really parentally irresponsible but it worked for everyone in reality.

We have taken our late teens on this type of cruise. They have absolutely loved it. Insisted that I signed the waiver for alcohol and then gave me instruction as to which were the good cocktails- a bit worried becaust the barmen knew them by name and me by assosiation!!! We find it an excellent way to holiday as each can do there own thing, some get off at each port eager to see the sites and to increase the number of countries visited, some stay on board asleep ready to get up at dinner time to party. Some read by the pool, some chat and swim! The only thing is if you wish for them to mix with other teens go at a time when they are likely to be on board ie June-August. We tried RCI but they prefer celebrity, they enjoy the formality of the ship and have made friends with people from all over the world which they then intend to visit on gap years!