New liquor policy and RCI's "Gifts and Gear" ?

Cruzden

Perhaps this has already been addressed in all the recent postings regarding the new liquor policy - but I'm curious how this new policy affects the items you can order from RCI's "Gift and Gear" catalog located on their website, which includes a very large assortment of wine (by the bottle) that you can have delivered to your stateroom.

The text below is taken from this website:

"Order from the list below and have your favorite bottle delivered to your stateroom or to your table at dinner".

This was something I was thinking of doing as a gift for a family member taking a cruise, but now wondering if this service will be stopped as well - at least the "delivery to your stateroom" part anyway.

Just got off the Mariner on 8/14. Our TA had a bottle of wine delivered to our room from gifts & gear. It was there when we arrived and placed with two wine glasses on the desk.

We ended up bringing it home.

JA

I preordered wine this way for my recent cruise. At the time I ordered I read here wine packages had been discontinued so it seemed like a good idea at the time. It wasn't.

Thankfully I had my receipt for each of my bottles. First night we asked for one of the bottles....no clue. Second night we asked again....no clue. I got my receipt and showed the head waiter....still no clue but they did bring a bottle from the list but were not agreeing at that point that I didn't have to pay for it. Third night head waiter brought the little cards to the table which you always get with Gifts & Gear stuff. They figured out we had been correct. They said other than TA sending bottle to a person, they had never had a guest actually order the wine.

Archived