Ncl gem port or starboard side to carib. East/so

UandMe4Ever

Hi all,

Just had a quick question. We always sail Port Side on whatever ship and we've always had great views from our balcony when coming into a Port or sailing out at night, seeing the wonderful lights in the distance.

Just wondering on a Eastern/Southern, will this fact hold true? We are currently booked port side mid ship on the Gem and still have an opportunity to change to Starboard side...

Anyone who has done either or both, we'd appreciate your honest opinion.

Thanks in advance.:)

Hi all,

Just had a quick question. We always sail Port Side on whatever ship and we've always had great views from our balcony when coming into a Port or sailing out at night, seeing the wonderful lights in the distance.

Just wondering on a Eastern/Southern, will this fact hold true? We are currently booked port side mid ship on the Gem and still have an opportunity to change to Starboard side...

Hi there

When we leave from New York we like to go to the Great outdoor on the 12th floor , you get a great view from the both side

Hi there

When we leave from New York we like to go to the Great outdoor on the 12th floor , you get a great view from the both side

Hi and thanks! We always go up there for Sail-A-Way. Nothing like leaving from NYC..It's amazing. (NY girl at heart):D

I guess I was referring to each Port stop when arrive and depart. Usually the Port side is the best. "free early am dock entertainment welcoming and when you come back, nice cold towels and sometimes entertainment....way to go NCL.

Thanks again:D

Dear`UandMe4Ever,

As in SHIPS Time it is up to the Master how his orders lay and the vessel is best. The Harbor Pilot is knowledgeable (usually) more than the ships master.

WX is a mitigating factoring too. We have missed POC (Port of Call) due to storms. Is that saying "Any Port in a Storm" true?

Your cabin side IMHO is best for the one your in. Port side (left) usually does provide more of the commercial activity. With NYC, NY coming down the North River ( Most mistakenly call it the Hudson River which starts at 59th St.) the Starboard (right Side) gives the best view of New Jersey with the French gift of Liberty, Ellis Island, the old base MOTBY, etc..

Where that Pilot who had great glider training landed with the bird strikes in the engine fans, Captain Sulenberger (sp) it was in New Jersey upon the Hudson River where all souls were saved.

Coming in on early morning return the Port side does provide you the best in cabin/balcony . Amidships is one of the best placements to get around the vessel well.. between the going forward and going towards the aft.

So if your able at this time to change you cabin views a choice should you make soon.;)

Kinda like I-80 and NJ 10 in Morris County each has benefits in different ways eh..:cool:

I am happy to be on the Open Waters in our cabin on the cruises too. Left (Port) or right (starboard) it is all a delight...

;)

Hi all,

Dear`UandMe4Ever,

As in SHIPS Time it is up to the Master how his orders lay and the vessel is best. The Harbor Pilot is knowledgeable (usually) more than the ships master.

WX is a mitigating factoring too. We have missed POC (Port of Call) due to storms. Is that saying "Any Port in a Storm" true?

Your cabin side IMHO is best for the one your in. Port side (left) usually does provide more of the commercial activity. With NYC, NY coming down the North River ( Most mistakenly call it the Hudson River which starts at 59th St.) the Starboard (right Side) gives the best view of New Jersey with the French gift of Liberty, Ellis Island, the old base MOTBY, etc..

Where that Pilot who had great glider training landed with the bird strikes in the engine fans, Captain Sulenberger (sp) it was in New Jersey upon the Hudson River where all souls were saved.

Coming in on early morning return the Port side does provide you the best in cabin/balcony . Amidships is one of the best placements to get around the vessel well.. between the going forward and going towards the aft.

So if your able at this time to change you cabin views a choice should you make soon.;)

Kinda like I-80 and NJ 10 in Morris County each has benefits in different ways eh..:cool:

I am happy to be on the Open Waters in our cabin on the cruises too. Left (Port) or right (starboard) it is all a delight...

;)

Thank you AAAAmerican for you wonderful and informative response. I do believe we have made the correct choice.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other great folks very soon.

Stay safe.

P

Dear UandMe4Ever,

Your welcome. Thank you two too!he best the ones which are

Most first choices are the best the changes are what cause problems. Same as in testing when people correct the answers usually it is wrong.

have to cross the

I took a test in the UK the other day ( online as I didn't have to cross that Old Cod Pond) I did one question incorrectly by not answering it well as I canged it in the middle.

Meeting youall will be of my pleasure. You are a treasure!

Thank you AAAAmerican for you wonderful and informative response. I do believe we have made the correct choice.

Looking forward to meeting you and the other great folks very soon.

Stay safe.

P