Carry soda on debark day

bizzybmama

Can you carry soda on in the pkg it you buy from the store or do you have to actually put it in your carry on bag on Carnival. I know this sounds like a silly question but it's our first cruise. I am wondering how much of a hassle it will be carrying on with check in and all. We are sailing on the Fantasy out of Charleston a week from Saturday!!!

You can carry it in those 12 pack boxes. However, I've seen some of the baggage inspectors make folks tear the boxes open and pull out all the cans just to make sure they didn't try to sneak some beer cans in the middle. If they do that then you will have to deal with all the loose cans. I usually just put everything in one of those wheeled suitcases and take it out of the boxes. It all just depends on how picky the inspector is.

You can carry it in those 12 pack boxes. However, I've seen some of the baggage inspectors make folks tear the boxes open and pull out all the cans just to make sure they didn't try to sneak some beer cans in the middle. If they do that then you will have to deal with all the loose cans. I usually just put everything in one of those wheeled suitcases and take it out of the boxes. It all just depends on how picky the inspector is.

Yep. Baggage inspectors took our coke zeros out of the box in Charleston.

Have a great first cruise!:D

Edited by klct39lg

Just got back from a cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore and security opened every case of soft drinks and checked the cans then re-taped the box, they opened all water and shook the bottles as well.

First time I have witnessed this and coincidentally enough the first frustrating embarkation we've had in Baltimore. Huge line to get through security and then a second huge line to check in.

I've carried on at Miami and Tampa since we had to start carrying it on and not checking it.

Both times they have gone through each and every drink (have had both 12 packs sealed in cardboard and also 6 pack bottles still in the carry plastic) to shake them and make sure they were soda.

We just use a rolling suitcase and check everything else but the soda and wine and I carry a backpack too with my incidentals in it (electronics, medicine, change of clothing, swimsuit). I always pack an extra bag in my big checked luggage so I can pull items out of our small rolling suitcase, move them to a duffel type bag and use the rollie for drinks. Seems sort of stupid to make you carry them on!

I liked the old days when you could just check it!

103_1065-M.jpg

Yep, that is our drinks, some snacks and some clothing to take up the room! The box came right from Walgreens where we bought the soda and the snacks! (yes, we flew in) But that pic is about 8 years old!