What did your youngster enjoy the most???

crz~enthusiast

We are travelling in a large group on the 7day land and sea vacation. We have several kids ranging in age from 3 to 12. What did your children find most exciting or special as I am trying to give their parents an idea of what to expect as none have cruised w/ Disney before.

thanks

Flounders is the baby area. They provide baby sitting, I think for a fee, you have to sign up when you board (or may now be able to do it in the terminal while you wait to board). My son loved the fact that they showed movies on board and we got to see Pirates of the Caribbean while floating around the Caribbean. He enjoyed the character breakfast. He loved the Mickey Pool and slide. The sports deck was neat, but we didn't do too much there. At the club he enjoyed Goofy's Giggle Gala, Who wants to be a Pirate, making Flubber, things like that. Castaway Cay. Jet skiing on St. Maarten. They now have a pirate night that you can dress like pirates and there is a party. Sounds fun.

Don't miss the Pirate Party!!!!!! Most of the characters are there dressed as pirates and there are fireworks. All ages are dancing and having a wonderful time. My 3 1/2 nephew loved wearing his pirate outfit and shaking Captain Hook's hand (hook to hook.) My sister had a little vest for him and striped knickers, sword, hook, and eyepatch. Gooooood times!!!!!!

Flounders wasn't busy on our June 12 cruise we used it twice. We just walked in and signed up when we needed a break or the kids fell asleep and we wanted to keep going. The fee was $8.00 an hour with a two hour minimum stay. The second child is cheaper, but I forget what the fee was.

The other kids clubs are free. There are set activities in each club which are listed in the daily program. 11 year old checked each day what she wanted to do and left us to do that and then rejoin us.

We just went on the West Coast Cruise 3 weeks ago. My 8 year old daughter loved everything! The Lab had them making flubber, a volcano, cookies, mouse pads, games, science projects, and more. We could never get her out of the Lab. the Pirate party is a blast. She danced herself silly! and it was neat to see fireworks while out to sea.

One thing that was great. If you drop off a clean white pillowcase at guest services on the 1st day with some sharpie markers, DCL will have the characters sign the pillowcase and return it to you on Friday night. It's free but I included a gratuity as a thank you. It came out wonderful!

Desiree

They loved the "frog racing" in the main lobby, they loved the kids club, they loved the theatre shows, and loved meeting the characters. Also, of course, the pool with the big yellow slide. Can't forget they still loved going to the movies, even though we were at sea. LOL. Also, bike riding on Castaway Cay and of course, the pizza and ice cream. Oh one other thing, the different towel animals each evening. And how could I forget, MICKEY BARS! I THINK those were the main things.

• 2 weeks later...

My dd was 5 at the time and loved the kid's club. She wanted to be there every minute. She also loved the Mickey pool and the towel animals in the room. She was just in awe of the princesses and we tried to make sure we got her out of the kid's club about 45 minutes prior to any princess appearance. People usually start lining up a half hour to 45 minutes before the appearance time, and it can take a few minutes to get the kids released from the club. Make sure that if the princess/character appearance falls during lunch time, get the child out of club well before their group leaves for lunch. The character appearances are listed in the navigator and on a monitor in the lobby near the desk.

Archived