Just returned to Thomson after a few years - anything changed?

Yea, they try and screw as much of your hard earned out of you as possible! So called VIP seats at the shows, the so called lottery, overpriced excursions etc! Other than that they are OK. We have sailed on Destiny, Majesty and Celebration. Every one has been not as good as the last IMO. Go with an open mind and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by shot2bits

I'm assuming since you haven't been with Thomson for a few years that you won't have been on Majesty before and aren't therefore looking for changes in the Majesty in particular. Also I imagine you aren't asking for comparisons between individual Thomson ships but rather whether there has been a change in the 'Thomson product' in the intervening years. Is that right or have I misinterpreted your question?

Obviously things do change even on the same ship from season to season (entertainment teams for instance), sometimes food seems to vary too perhaps with changes of executive chef, but I think taking individual preferences of ships out of the equation also minor fluctuations as described above, I would say there have been changes noted particularly by regulars who have travelled frequently with Thomson and over many years.

The warmth, friendliness and ambience on Thomson ships is still a big plus - down to the great crew and also the passengers. But I would agree that there has been some obvious cost cutting and money raising initiatives of late which has impacted on my cruise experience. Many reports of slower service (staff cut-backs?), menu changes with charges for steak for example in the mdr, slight reduction in the number of big 'production' shows in the evening and yes, pay-for reserved seats in the theatre are all features which have crept in. We have heard similar complaints about cut backs on all cruise lines we've been on - it just depends on what cut backs bother you. If they are acceptable at the price you pay no worries. If they have gone too far in some respects then it's time for a change.

Having said that the shows are still the best we've seen on any ship and the itineraries are excellent. If you have secured a bargain then I'm sure you will be very satisfied. Enjoy! :)

Yes Mr Kruz you are correct. Just Thomson in general.

I know that all their ships are old ships, but hopefully the staff are as friendly as ever and the food is still good.

Not been on any Thomson ship for about 5 years. Been on the Celebration 3/4 times plus the Spirit.