Reflection Obstructed view?

CaroleSP

Well, those are the most obstructed cabins. Basically the top of the lifeboat comes to the railing of the balcony so if you're sitting on the balcony you're basically looking at the lifeboat. Of course you still get the light and the fresh air and if you stand up you can see the water, but from a sitting position all you're going to see is lifeboat/tender. If they move up one category to a 2C, the top of the life boat will be at the floor of the balcony which offers a much better view IMO.

Thanks so much for the quick response. I guess I better clue them in on this. The other option offered by "X" was on deck 10 or 11 aft. Not an aft balcony, just way, way back. They want to feel as little motion as possible, so the obstructed view seemed like a better location. Funny, they didn't want a balcony due to height issues; an obstruction will help that issue. But, I would think that once they board and sail away, they will want the view.

Thanks again.

The Life Boats are actually on deck 5, so they are not directly blocking the view out to sea on 6. None of the cabins can trully see 'down to the water' because of this.

We were on deck 9, port, back side of the hump on the Reflection last yr, when I took this pic.

1495429418_cabin2.jpg.e5cd58a8c0ca3f2951871fe261f9b126.jpg

I was on that deck in a 2c, I think it was 6140, no problem whatsoever. You couldn't even see the lifeboat until you were almost out on the balcony.

I could also see the water between the lifeboats if I looked down. I would definitely book this location again. Very convenient to everything.