Celebrity Solstice

nickfromsyd

Hello,

I am traveling on the celebrity Solstice with my partner for my birthday in just over a month. I have never been on celebrity before only p and o and royal Caribbean. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or recomendations? we are cruising around new zealand so any recomendations for shore excursions are most welcome.

Nick

We have sailed her and recommended her to our friends. She is a beautiful and innovative ship and you will enjoy. My recommendation would do not miss Bistro on 5. They serve made to order crepes with all kinds of fillers from Breakfast to dessert and everything in between. A real treat and free at lunch. $7 each for dinner which is a bargain for an onboard specialty restaurant.

I don't know what category you are booked, but we love Aqua Class for the spa access and Blu dining room. It is quiet and quaint and you aren't hurried like in the main dining room. The food is very good as well and if you don't like anything on the menu, they will let you order off of the MDR menu instead.

I unfortunately know nothing about the South Seas destinations...some day! Have fun!

Hello,

I am traveling on the celebrity Solstice with my partner for my birthday in just over a month. I have never been on celebrity before only p and o and royal Caribbean. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or recomendations? we are cruising around new zealand so any recomendations for shore excursions are most welcome.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here is a link to the forum for

Australia & New Zealand

If you post your request there, you should be able to get good shore excursion recommendations there from the passengers who have taken them.

Also, here is a link to Tripadvisor for

Things to do in New Zealand:

Just click on the destinations you will be visiting.

Wishing you a happy birthday and great cruise.

The Solstice is a beautiful ship.

Hi Nick, I think we are on the same cruise. Nov 3rd? It is a re-union cruise for Celebrity and will have extra activities for Captain's Club members. Not sure what that means just yet. Join the roll call here on Cruise Critic if you like, and there are heaps of people talking about the excursions etc. they are planning.

Are you a Crown & Anchor member of RCI? Have you looked at getting reciprocal Captain's Club membership on Celebrity?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44262611

Also join the connections party if you want to. http://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/getParty

We have done a few meet and mingles on Royal Caribbean and they are a good way to meet some fellow cruisers. You can continue to have contact or not with the people there, whatever suits.

We are doing the South Pacific cruise before, and it is getting close now!

Hello, I am traveling on the celebrity Solstice with my partner for my birthday in just over a month. I have never been on celebrity before only p and o and royal Caribbean. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or recomendations? we are cruising around new zealand so any recomendations for shore excursions are most welcome. Nick

Welcome, Nick, to these Cruise Critic boards. Lots of good people, info and help here. As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February after a great Australia-New Zealand "adventure". Check out these below postings/links for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, ports stops, etc. Lots of visuals and ideas on these postings.

Key tips?? Much depends on what you like to see and do. Tell us more!! Some NZ ports are very different. How much is your priority for nature/outdoor activities? How much for city, museums, shopping, culture, etc., activities? Have you considered doing the Queenstown overnight excursion that allows you to sample the spectacular interior of NZ's South Island? What ports will you be visiting in NZ?

Below are just a few of my sample pictures to give you a little idea/preview for life on the Solstice. Very classy and nice ship. Happy to share more, answer any questions.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 79,584 views for this fun posting.

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these recent updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 25,033 views for this posting.

Here is a photo highlight from our ship's production show called "Ghostlight--The Spirit of Broadway". Lots of great tunes, including many from the Four Seasons as done on Broadway with Jersey Boys. Nice lighting, staging, sets, etc.

SolsticeShows17_zps45d5d28d.jpg

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumPoolWide_zps15de9fe0.jpg

The Solstice was the first Celebrity ship we sailed on. She's big and beautiful and very comfortable. If you like a really good steak then you must try the Tuscan grill. It is a speciality restaurant so you pay extra - $45 a head I think - but in my opinion it is well worth it. A window seat gives wonderful views over the stern.

We are sailing on her again next year in the South Pacific.

OD

Edited by Officer Dibble

Yeah i did find my way back... thank you so much everyone for all your help.

I signed up for the roll call with celebrity and it looks like cruise critic has a pretty big crowd. My cabin grade is 2d and we leave on the 3rd. i thought i should give anyone who was on the qantas/emerates flight back to sydney at 4:05 they have cancelled the flight.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone thank you so much for all your advice... i have signed up to the cruise connections party but i have not received the invitation from celebrity? has anyone else received theirs? or do i just turn up some where on the boat at a time?