Another Shareholder Benefit Not So Happy Ending

robin13

So I used an online TA who was offering $50 in OBC, bottle of Champagne, and dinner for two in a specialty restaurant. The price was the same as RCCL but I really liked the perks that were being offered. I knew that you couldn't combine offers with the Shareholder Benefit so I told the TA to remove the $50 OBC as I could get a $100 OBC via the shareholder benefit. What I didn't realize was that I also had to give up the other perks as those were considered a "package". My TA said this was per RCCL and the TA had nothing to do with it. Does this seem fair? I totally understand the $50 OBC but I really wanted the other perks as well.

Only thing I can think of is that the travel agent was offering perks that were really from Royal due to a group booking. In that case, the shareholder benefit would not be combinable.

This has been inconsistently applied. If the perks are not from RCL or not a special rate like the BOGO, WOW sale, or other RCL perk, then the shareholder benefit should be applied, of course it's not combinable with balcony discounts, C&A savings Certs, resident or 55+ rates! etc.

If RCL is somehow providing these perks through the TA then no shareholder bennies. Otherwise, maybe call the Crown and Anchor desk and speak to someone else

So the senior rate also eliminates the shareholder benefit ?

How about the military rate / discount ?

To my knowledge, the shareholder benefit can be combined with special rates, such as senior, residency, military, law enforcement.

To my knowledge, the shareholder benefit can be combined with special rates, such as senior, residency, military, law enforcement.

I am just about ready to apply ..... so I should know soon ...... or is it too early to apply for dec 6th cruise ?

I am just about ready to apply ..... so I should know soon ...... or is it too early to apply for dec 6th cruise ?

You can apply for the shareholder benefit anytime after your cruise is booked.

8. Are there any restrictions?

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off/wave” promotions, savings certificates, onboard chartered sailings, certain group sailings, certain price programs or bookings made at a reduced rate or travel agent rate. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. The Shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line) and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sailing. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate cabins and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per cabin booked must be held. Other terms and conditions may apply.

9. Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the shareholder benefit offer is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, upgrade offers, chartered sailings, certain group sailings, "dollars off/wave" promotional offers, certain price programs, reservations made on a reduced rate/travel agent rate/inter-line rate and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.comand a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Group

Edited by setsail

If all of that was offered and given by the TA - so why the shareholder benefit would be affected ?

I agree 100%. These perks sound like they are being offered from the TA so it should have no bearing on the shareholder benefit.

I think you should call the TA back and have the perks reinstated.

Good luck

Bill

clarea - you are correct.

I applied for the shareholder benefit last night and I just got email that the benefit has been apllied to my reservation.

My reservation is based on the senior rate.

Thank you for the information that you provide.