Shore Excursion Suggestions for My Cruise

Hey all,

I'm on Adv. OTS from 11/16 to 11/23 in a few months. Do you guys have any suggestions for a group of 6 for any shore excursions for the following ports:

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St. Lucia

St. John's, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Croix

Zip lines look like fun but a few of us may be over the weight limit before (and after) the cruise :)

Any help is appreciated as always!!

Hey all,

I'm on Adv. OTS from 11/16 to 11/23 in a few months. Do you guys have any suggestions for a group of 6 for any shore excursions for the following ports:

Bridgetown, Barbados

Castries, St. Lucia

St. John's, Antigua

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Croix

Zip lines look like fun but a few of us may be over the weight limit before (and after) the cruise :)

Any help is appreciated as always!!

if you like snorkeling, buck island would be fun in St. Croix

Barbados is a great beach port in my opinion. I've also done snorkeling there with the sea turtles.

St. Marten I suggest the french side.

Have not made my way to St. Lucia or Antigua yet.

In St Martin look at Bernard's tour to Orient Beach, stop in Marigot to pick up lunch, and on to Maho to see the planes land.

Valley Church is a gorgeous beach in Antigua - very rustic, but rest rooms and a restaurant. For touring on Antigua you can walk off the ship and pick up tours to Shirley Heights and Nelson's Dockyard.

For St Lucia we love to snorkel between the Pitons. It us easy walk-in snorkeling with a lot to see. Spencer Ambrose has a great excursion that takes you to the beach via a boat ride. We have gone twice and are booked for Feb 2015.

If you haven't swam with the turtles in Barbados, it was a great experience. There are several good private excursions that include the turtle stop.

Both of these are good for beginning snorkelers.

We always go to the beach by cab. Never do excursions threw the ship, cost 3 times more. Look on Trip Advisor for the places you are going they will give you great advise as far as the beaches, and then its just the price of a cab.

Orient Beach take a cab outside the port, went to Moho Beach, IMO was nothing special, just a lot of noise from planes.

Antigua same thing, just pick a beach cab far is less than excursions.;)

Edited by sharonlacey