A Few Questions About Paradise?

cruiser_family

We just booked a November cruise on the Paradise. We've only been on the Holiday & Pride. What is your favorite thing about Paradise?

• Are there any upgrades?
  • We're on a 5 day cruise - is there an Elegant Night?
  • Is it worth it to get FTTF?
  • Flying in day of cruise ... is there any place close to the Port of Tampa to get water and soda?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by cruiser_family

We just booked a November cruise on the Paradise. We've only been on the Holiday & Pride. What is your favorite thing about Paradise?

• Flying in day of cruise ... is there any place close to the Port of Tampa to get water and soda?

Elegant night is usually held on the first day at sea. I know it was when I was on a 4 night cruise on the Paradise in July.

I assume your cruise goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Since Grand Cayman is a tendering port, FTTF may be worth it if still available.

The Paradise has not yet gone through the Funship 2.0 upgrades (at least in July). My only problem with the ship was that it only has one pool. I loved the Promenade deck though!

Elegant night is usually held on the first day at sea. I know it was when I was on a 4 night cruise on the Paradise in July.

I assume your cruise goes to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Since Grand Cayman is a tendering port, FTTF may be worth it if still available.

The Paradise has not yet gone through the Funship 2.0 upgrades (at least in July). My only problem with the ship was that it only has one pool. I loved the Promenade deck though!

Thanks for the response. Yes, we are going to Cozumel & Grand Cayman. I'll check on FTTF.

Yes to elegant night, no where near by to get water and sodas that I know of, FTTF was worth it just to get settled in room before going to lunch plus priority on, I went on the 5 day in Feb has so much fun despite being an older ship,

I was on her two years ago. Pretty ship but the eggs are weird. Formal night is the first at sea day. Upgrades...probably not. Most of the rooms are insides or OVs so it is unlikely to get an upgrade. Not sure about the FTTF but we had an excursion in GC so we were the first ones off. The soda...hmm. I live in St. Pete, across the bay from Tampa. The prices of vending machine soda aren't too bad once you get past security. Other than that you need a car. Hope you have fun! We sure did. One good thing is no Waterworks. There is the midship pool with waterslide and an aft pool.

How are you getting to the port? Plenty of walgreens, family dollar and a walmart grocery on the way.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Forums mobile app

We hadn't decided, but it seems that taxi might be the best bet. I figure that we could get the cab to stop at one of the stores that you mentioned on the way.

Heading out on the paradise Nov 20, girls getaway. I haven't been on Carnival in 9 years, counting the days!!!

I'm headed out on the Paradise on the 24th!! My first cruise and I'm also counting down the days.