? for past cruisers to Dominica

northcalgal

I have tried posting in Ports Threads but no response. Has anyone recently been to Dominica and if so did you see or use a Tour Guide named Kur the Negotiator. Contacted him re: tour in Oct he responded right away and now have not heard from him since. Just wondering if he is still around? Any info appreciated.

Thanks Donna

Hi Donna;

We were there last year,a very beautiful Island. do not know of your tour guide, but they were just recovering from a bad hurricane last Jan. and have been hit by another this year. May be a problem with internet connections or availablility of electricity.

We just walked across the street from the pier and talked to several taxi drivers about a tour. Booked with a retired fireman from the island for a half day in a new van. $80 for the two of us for private tour to the pool and other water falls and the public gardens close to town. got to all of them before the big crowds and went at our own pace. I think I ended up giving him about $115 because we were so pleased with the service. Make sure your driver speaks understandable English, some don't and know only a few phrases to get you "booked"

Enjoy the island

Dave

Dominica certainly is a beautiful island with som much of it rain forest it is so lush. We did the same thing as Dave and had no problem finding a tour to join. The Dominicans are really nice and the area outside the port is well organized. They had officials there gathering people together who wanted to do tours. You won't have a hard time doing a tour of Dominica without prebooking it.

Thankyou for the info. Kur the tour guide contacted me today said he had computer problems. So the 12 of us are all set. Very much looking forward to seeing the island from all I read it sounds beautiful. Its the one Island there is so much we would like to do but not enough time for everything.Have not heard much about the hurricanes lately so I did not know they had been hit. Will have to check that out.

Donna

Archived