Ok it's my turn

kissmeyoufool

I am excited for you :D:D:D

Oh my gosh do enjoy every second of that trip !!

Mr Sloop & I have not been to Europe yet

A cruise on the Mediterranean is on the Bucket List for sure

Actually our dream cruise is out of Venice... Down the Adriatc visit some of the Eastern European Countries... Onto the Greek Isles ... Malta... Then around "the boot" of Italy ending in Rome

See a lot of great faraway countries in a short period of time.

With a larger concentration on Italy... Flying in & out of Venice, so we can drive the Italian Wine Regions at the northend of the county.

Our sights are set on 2016 or 2017 *fingers crossed*

Cheers!

Be aware of the pickpockets in Barcelona. Keep your cc, passport, etc in a safe place on your body. Enjoy your cruise. The HOHO bus in Barcelona is a wonderful way to see the city. There are two routes, blue and red.

We were in Barcelona last November and going again in August, 2015. It is a great city. Just be smart there are pickpockets so I don't carry a lot of money and just one credit card. We leave our passport's in the safe in the hotel room and just carry our drivers license. Spent 4 days and could have spent a lot more. If you plan on going to Gaudi's LaSagrada Famila Cathedral you can buy tickets online.

Have a great time.

Edited by ozark74

So excited booked a med cruise out of BCN back in April 2013 now we are leaving Oct 10 to enjoy BCN for a few days pre cruise getting on ship on Oct 14 for our first med cruise can not wait SO EXCITED :o

I am so excited for you. DH and I went on a Med trip on Reflection followed my a TA home.

We absolutely loved Barcelona and the entire Med experience. That was our first back to back. Happy to say that even after 31 cruises the Med trip was the best cruise ever. Everything just worked together perfectly. Weather was great, ports awesome, dinner mates were the best, and the ship was fantastic. We are meeting friends in Italy soon, but if we weren't we would be headed back to the Med. Have a super time...

So excited booked a med cruise out of BCN back in April 2013 now we are leaving Oct 10 to enjoy BCN for a few days pre cruise getting on ship on Oct 14 for our first med cruise can not wait SO EXCITED :o

Have a wonderful time ! Hope you will share your insights with us, when you return home. Bon Voyage !

Last year before our fall TA, we stayed in Barcelona for 9 nights. Although I had been there for one quick stop a few years prior, who knew that, in those 9 days, I would find Barcelona one of the most wonderful cities in the world! Can't wait to return next year.

Love Segrada, Boqueria (especially if you love to walk around while eating seafood in the market!), loved Montserrat and so many other places.

If you have a couple hours free, I suggest that you take the Runner Bean free walking tour of the Old Quarter. It takes about two hours, but the guide highlights many of the important areas and history - only thing that is required is a tip. See the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Make sure you find some chocolate and churros (usually served in the afternoon), walk Las Ramblas and carry your purse in front of you with your hand on it! Wonderful city, wonder people - enjoy every minute!