Vision of the Seas?

Hello! Can anyone tell me about the Vision? We were on the Freedom of the Seas last year and are going to be booking our 2nd cruise for April. Is Vision a nice ship?

Some recent threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108202

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106591

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2105260

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106370

A few things to consider: no ice boxes in ocean view rooms or insides, older ship, our OV was smaller than other ships we have been on.

Enjoyed the entertainment and history lessons at sea.

Best table mates on any cruise we have ever taken.

With only one dining room (two levels), I know people with my time dining had issues.

Also, broke my arm day 1 on ship, so did cruise on strong pain meds and muscle relaxers. Medical staff not very good, went to ER in port.

I would not return, but that is just me. No frig was an issue with me.

:D

A few things to consider: no ice boxes in ocean view rooms or insides, older ship, our OV was smaller than other ships we have been on.

Enjoyed the entertainment and history lessons at sea.

Best table mates on any cruise we have ever taken.

With only one dining room (two levels), I know people with my time dining had issues. We had no issues with MTD. We didn't have reservations (despite their best effort to get us to set a reservation on a table for 6). The most we waited for seating was 5 minutes. Service was a little slow on the first night which in our experience is the norm. The rest of the time service was just as it should be. They were able to handle food intolerance issues and special requests without a problem. Bar service was a little slow, but no big deal there. MTD experience was on par with many of our previous experiences (50+ cruises between the 6 of us).

Also, broke my arm day 1 on ship, so did cruise on strong pain meds and muscle relaxers. Medical staff not very good, went to ER in port. Medical issues are never fun, sorry you spent your cruise "all doped up" on what I'm guessing was some very necessary pain killers.

I would not return, but that is just me. No frig was an issue with me. We knew this coming in, and carried on our own cooler. The cabin steward always kept them full of ice, and would empty the water out of them in the morning. He earned substantial extra tips for all 3 rooms because of that.

:D

Just my experiences.

Edited by rummenroman

Also, broke my arm day 1 on ship, so did cruise on strong pain meds and muscle relaxers. Medical staff not very good, went to ER in port.......

I am sorry - that would be a big problem for me ..... health/medical problems can happen anywhere but it so much worse when it happens during the vacation and on a cruise ship.

How was the payment for medical help handled in the ER at the port ? Insurance ( if one got the primary) ?

Credit Card ? ( what happens if someone is using a card with small max limit ?

Vision was fine but lower your expect ions of bells and whistles compared to Freedom. If you want simple relaxation and a nice ship, it is great. We REALLY enjoyed Izumi restaurant. The pool deck isn't as expansive as Enchantment (nor as pretty at night), but the Viking Crown Lounge and Solarium are just as nice as any ship. The prices on Vision seem to be fairly cheap, so all in all, it's a great choice.

I am sorry - that would be a big problem for me ..... health/medical problems can happen anywhere but it so much worse when it happens during the vacation and on a cruise ship.

How was the payment for medical help handled in the ER at the port ? Insurance ( if one got the primary) ?

Credit Card ? ( what happens if someone is using a card with small max limit ?

Thank God the next day we were in Charleston. It was a really bad night, but my boyfriend (ex scout) made me a sling from a scarf we bought in the gift shop. Iced it down, and took every emergency pain pills I had. In port we asked a local policemen, he got us a limo driver, and told us what hospital to go to. Roper Memorial was fantastic. Wish we had a hospital that great in Fort Myers. Limo was only $7 (between the rivers). The $40 we gave him well worth it. Hospital sling, narcotic pain pills and muscle relaxers. Since we were in the states my personal medical insurance covered. Out of pocket in Charleston $400.

Stayed on the cruise, but it was not what I had planned for. The ship misdiagnosed me, but again, I rather have a doctor that can deal with a heart attack, but might miss a broken bone.:eek:

The ship gave us 30 minutes of internet, and $200 OBC, which paid for the scarf and the one excursion I could go on.

Royal Caribbean past cruise department is working with us. I felt they were more than fair in making things right.

I'm not going to stop cruising or stop cruising on RCI.

The lights on the step were burned out, thus in the dark, I did not see the step. The safety officer did do a report, but I did mention to the claims department, and they assured me my comments on burned out LED lights was taken seriously.

As they say.....things happen. :o

Vision was fine but lower your expections of bells and whistles compared to Freedom. If you want simple relaxation and a nice ship, it is great. The prices on Vision seem to be fairly cheap, so all in all, it's a great choice.

This reflects my thoughts. My wife and I sail on VOS Jan. 17th from Tampa. We booked to escape the winter weather in Georgia and the cruise pricing makes it a "value purchase" for us. We are then on FOS Feb. 1st from Port Canaveral. I am sure we will enjoy both cruises for different reasons.

My thanks to those who posted the informative links.