B2B Viking River and Princess Cruises - A Comparison

mreasier

Pleased that some are still following. I'm considering posting a detailed discussion on river cruise forum, but don't want to start anything with river cruise company that will get me into trouble with them or Cruise Critic. I would say that a good number of people who post on CC are serious about travel preparation, while others just select a bus ride from the cruise line. Viking provides a product maybe even less and on the Rhine all tours were about three hours inclusive. Just watched a Rick Steve's 1/2 hour on TV and felt I got more out of program than the cruise. The TV and radio ads grow in frequency and people are buying! My thought is that even the casual retired traveler wouldn't want to do the same thing twice? I'm feeling quite limited, and maybe would consider another company in France (not interested in a return to Russia/Ukraine, or the pollution of China).

Would appreciate any other reactions to my original post.

DJ:)

I just happened to read this post because of your title and then went back to read the post u r referring too...

So here are my thoughts... LAND VACATIONS for U!!!:D Really nothing can beat that discovery on your own....especially with a young person. I took each of my 3 sons to Europe for the summer when they turned 14..a perfect time for discovery....

Edited by land lover

BTW..IN Retirement..... it has only been in the last 10-15 years that we have had the ability to due the extensive research on the net and the ease to contact vendors and tour companies in other countries. 13 years ago when I took my oldest it was really discovery.....:D;)

Edited by land lover