B2B with guarantee cabins

cmptrwiz

We have done a B2B before and loved it! We are looking at maybe doing another and to save a few bucks I wondering about doing guarantee cabins. We would save about $30 per person per week for a total of $120. When we did the B2B before we kept the same cabin and it was nice. What is your opinion?

Wiz

I prefer the ease of keeping the same cabin and I'm not sure a total $120 savings would be worth the chance of having to change.

You might take the gamble and be sure and have it noted on both bookings that these are B2B....but I suspect that gty bookings are assigned cabins by a computer rather than a person.

Hopefully you will be assigned your cabins early and if they are different perhaps you can call and see if you can change either of them so you don't have to move.

My next B2B is in January and I booked the 1st leg long after I had already booked the 2nd. Plus I wanted a cheaper cabin, so for the first time we're having to change cabins. We go from deck 1 forward to deck 2 aft. I'm sure it will be no big deal.

I guess we just need to roll the dice and see what happens. One cabin will probably be bottom deck forward and then the next week deck 6 or 7 all the way back. I guess once you are packed back up it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. It would be nice to only move a few doors down the hall and then you wouldn't have to really pack up.

Wiz

Having done a B2B with and without having to change rooms, for a $120 total increase in price, I would eat the cost. Value is in the eye of the beholder and in perspective, $120 isn't a high price to pay for convenience. If you don't want to pack up the night before, wake up early and vacate your stateroom at 8am or so until 1:30 when your new room is ready, etc. then you may want to consider staying in the same room.

With that being said, our B2B at the end of this month, we will be changing staterooms.

We have done a B2B before and loved it! We are looking at maybe doing another and to save a few bucks I wondering about doing guarantee cabins. We would save about $30 per person per week for a total of $120. When we did the B2B before we kept the same cabin and it was nice. What is your opinion?

Wiz

Hi,

On our last B2B, we sent a message to John H. thru his log and within a week his ass. gave us a cabin that was one of the best OV' available.

Give it a try...:)

Mike

Since I'm having to change cabins, I plan on going to my 2nd leg cabin a few days before the end of the 1st leg and introducing myself to our new cabin steward and making sure he knows that I'm on a B2B.

I'll also let my 1st leg steward know that I'm moving and where to. I'm sure he will assist with the transfer. I don't mind not having access to our cabin until later in the morning, I'm sure it will be available as soon as embarkation starts.

Since I'm having to change cabins, I plan on going to my 2nd leg cabin a few days before the end of the 1st leg and introducing myself to our new cabin steward and making sure he knows that I'm on a B2B.

I'll also let my 1st leg steward know that I'm moving and where to. I'm sure he will assist with the transfer. I don't mind not having access to our cabin until later in the morning, I'm sure it will be available as soon as embarkation starts.

That is a really good idea.