Steak in "chops"

Add us to the ones no longer going to Chops. The new menu includes entrees included in the $35 cost and "upgrades" for a high price for items included in the prior menu. On our last try, we were with 3 other couples. None were really satisfied. For example the filet was allegedly 6 oz prior to cooking and after at medium rare it was about half that weight. The other meats had the same issue. The vegetables included 4 types of potatoes (mashed, baked, steak fries and large tater tots), limp and tasteless spinach, and mushrooms with a canned appearance and taste. The "upgrade" entrees reminded us of frozen steaks available at places like Costco and Sams Club. Our trips to Giovanni's and Samba Grill are still well worth the cost for excellent meals and service

Yeah, no. For a premium surf n' turf meal ($35 + $21 + $19) we'd be looking at $75/pp. :eek: Even if it was out of this world fantastic, we still wouldn't be in the market and to go in paying that kind of money and NOT leave happy would actually put a damper on our entire cruise experience. Better off just staying away when we sail the Liberty in November. :(

Yeah, no. For a premium surf n' turf meal ($35 + $21 + $19) we'd be looking at $75/pp. :eek: Even if it was out of this world fantastic, we still wouldn't be in the market and to go in paying that kind of money and NOT leave happy would actually put a damper on our entire cruise experience. Better off just staying away when we sail the Liberty in November. :(

I have never eaten at Chops. How do you get 35 + 21 + 19?

I would imagine that the 35 is the cover charge. What are the other 2 charges? Are they additional upcharges?

I have never eaten at Chops. How do you get 35 + 21 + 19?

I would imagine that the 35 is the cover charge. What are the other 2 charges? Are they additional upcharges?

Chops now has extra charges for certain entrees. Here's the menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42678037&postcount=21

good to know for our upcoming Freedom cruise, I would be tempted to try the steaks at Chop's but not now...we did try the premium steakhouse on Carnival Breeze our last cruise and it was actually very nicely done, and worth the same money you would pay at a steakhouse. With all these lousy comments now we won't waste our hard earned cash..

You can get a very nice meal on Freedom in Portofino. We did both Chops and Portofino on our cruise last month, and the filet I had in Portofino was much better than the one I had in Chops.

Service was outstanding, too. Exactly what you expect from a specialty restaurant on board.