Crown and Grand interactive TV upgrades

mexicobeachmom

it is on the Crown. Just got off the crown today. I have a ton of pics of it that I took as screen shots. It is great. free too. So nice to be able to see your bill on line too. Sorry can't post link to facebook page

Edited by vickie_bernie

it is on the Crown. Just got off the crown today. I have a ton of pics of it that I took as screen shots. It is great. free too. So nice to be able to see your bill on line too. Sorry can't post link to facebook page

Did they have movies on demand? Not to change the subject, but what else can you tell me about the coastal?

That's great news, thank you Vickie! Looking forward to trying it in November!

Did they have movies on demand? Not to change the subject, but what else can you tell me about the coastal?

The TVs did not have this feature.

This system was accessed by using your phone/tablet/laptop when you opened your browser the main page opened. you could see many things, patter, venue info, port info/maps, details of events, on board account.

So if you had your tablet with you in the IC you could just open it up and see what was happening around the ship.

To read about the coastal cruise you can click the link below to view my blog of the entire trip. I will be adding pictures to it in the next day or two.

The TVs did not have this feature.

This system was accessed by using your phone/tablet/laptop when you opened your browser the main page opened. you could see many things, patter, venue info, port info/maps, details of events, on board account.

So if you had your tablet with you in the IC you could just open it up and see what was happening around the ship.

To read about the coastal cruise you can click the link below to view my blog of the entire trip. I will be adding pictures to it in the next day or two.

Vickie, has anything else changed on the TV's on the Crown? Same channel selection as always? We have not been on a Princess ship in a year, and will be on the Crown in a couple weeks. And BTW, hello! We have not seen you and Bernie in years, since we spend B2B together... Best to both of you! Carole and Ron

Vickie, has anything else changed on the TV's on the Crown? Same channel selection as always? We have not been on a Princess ship in a year, and will be on the Crown in a couple weeks. And BTW, hello! We have not seen you and Bernie in years, since we spend B2B together... Best to both of you! Carole and Ron

as of yesterday the tv channels were all the same

too bad they haven't upgraded the rest of the ships....Boo.:(
It's very expensive but also VERY disruptive to passengers if the TV upgrades are done while passengers are onboard.

They were upgrading the Sapphire last March when I was on a 10-day cruise and had no TV signal for the entire cruise. The TV was there but the technicians spent quite a bit of time in my cabin trying to fix it several times. It was very disruptive and inconvenient. Nothing like having your door open and technicians in your cabin off and on frequently during your cruise. Not exactly private, quiet or relaxing.

Maybe if Princess bit the bullet and had all of their passengers on every ship inconvenienced and disrupted at the same time they could get it done all at once. Of course, that would be a PR nightmare.

Edited by Pam in CA

It's very expensive but also VERY disruptive to passengers if the TV upgrades are done while passengers are onboard.

They were upgrading the Sapphire last March when I was on a 10-day cruise and had no TV signal for the entire cruise. The TV was there but the technicians spent quite a bit of time in my cabin trying to fix it several times. It was very disruptive and inconvenient. Nothing like having your door open and technicians in your cabin off and on frequently during your cruise. Not exactly private, quiet or relaxing.

Maybe if Princess bit the bullet and had all of their passengers on every ship inconvenienced and disrupted at the same time they could get it done all at once. Of course, that would be a PR nightmare.

From what I understand, all the ships will be upgraded to the interactive TV's by the end of 2015.

Hopefully, they've learned from their experience with Sapphire Princess and the process will be less disruptive.

Edited by RickEk

Hopefully, they've learned from their experience with Sapphire Princess and the process will be less disruptive.
Sure hope so. :) Nothing like sharing your cabin with an Italian technician who didn't speak English and couldn't explain what he was doing, how long he'd be there or whether he'd have to come back.

Completing the upgrade by the end of 2015 is reasonable. Expecting all ships to be upgraded within six months isn't.