Cabins that don't exist

When I was looking at a mock booking to check on any price reductions, RCI's website was showing GS cabins on various decks that don't appear to me to exist. 11330, 12730, 14730, etc. Website breakdown or is Oasis going to be in drydock for months adding these staterooms ? LOL ?

When I was looking at a mock booking to check on any price reductions, RCI's website was showing GS cabins on various decks that don't appear to me to exist. 11330, 12730, 14730, etc. Website breakdown or is Oasis going to be in drydock for months adding these staterooms ? LOL ?
What date?

I have been waiting to see the new deck plans and was so excited to see your post! I am on the website now and for all the dates the deck plans are the same as they have always been! Strange.... Did you notice if 12329 or 12729 still exist?

Lauri

Can you take a screen shot from your history? There are quite a few threads lately where everyone is dying to see the new deck plans! The whole drydock has been sort of secretive! You would be our hero!!

Lauri

I have been waiting to see the new deck plans and was so excited to see your post! I am on the website now and for all the dates the deck plans are the same as they have always been! Strange.... Did you notice if 12329 or 12729 still exist?

Lauri

Yes, they do, but remember they are not showing the new cabins so your two cabins might not be there when the final deck drawings are shown. Sorry.

Just looked at deck 17. There is a royal suite 1758 that is showing. However it does not show on deck plans. Guess that is the pinnacle chapel.

I noticed that earlier also. Didn't think about it until I rebooked my cabin into one of the new GS' on deck eleven.

Lauri

Laurie, I got to looking at the changes from deck to deck and think those cabins will remain. Seems the changes are in the "secret balcony" areas and on deck 17 where the chapel was. As the decks go higher you can see how the Aquatheater suites balconies get smaller, so it seems plausible that the new deck 11 GS' and 12 and 14 GS' balconies would get progressively smaller the higher up. Still quite large though.

My info is that these rooms will not be bookable before November. Dry dock will not be long enough for all the changes to be implemented. New deck plans will probably only be published when they are sure that the work has been completed to standard.

Thanks Linda. Makes perfect sense. 2 weeks is short for this construction. My cruise on Oasis is August 22, 2015 and I changed my GS 11254 to the new GS 11330. Really excited, especially when the RCI rep said my balcony would be 470 sf versus the normal GS balcony of 114 sf. Very happy.

Hmm...I looked at my November cruise and didn't see anything new, so I picked a random date in May, and the first GS that popped up was #11330. The deck plan doesn't show 11330 yet!

Right Cindy, confirms Linda's info, but I don't see why RCI couldn't show deck plans after a certain date like Caribbean Princess did last year. It would help people make booking choices with better information. You are in that gray time period I guess of when they will actually make the cabins available. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Right Cindy, confirms Linda's info, but I don't see why RCI couldn't show deck plans after a certain date like Caribbean Princess did last year. It would help people make booking choices with better information. You are in that gray time period I guess of when they will actually make the cabins available. Gerry

I agree...the secrecy is annoying and I don't understand it. Quite obviously construction is happening in those areas, how difficult would it be for the deck plans to reflect bookable cabins? :confused:

I know when they added cabins to the Navigator, the deck plans were out a bit ahead of the dry dock. At the time, we thought that was ridiculously slow, but in retrospect it seems like warp speed!:eek::rolleyes::eek:

Thanks everyone for the great info!

Buckeye Rob, I think you are right! Those cabins will remain they will just no longer be the furthest aft, not will you have a secret balcony just outside your door!

Norbert's Niece, I think you are right on. In a few weeks they will be book able, once all the work is done! Enjoyed your blog over the last few weeks!

Lauri

i'm going to try and explain this.

Between your left hand and your right hand you have a heart, lungs and brain etc. As you've fed and grown over the years all your parts have learnt to work together, to co-ordinate, to co-exist.

RCL has also fed and grown over the years. Unfortunately their central nervous system requires a major upgrade as none of the parts communicate with each other. The people at the chalk face, the customer facing face, have been sworn to secrecy. Having said that what they do in fact know relates to their area of expertise alone.... and even then the info they have been given,or gleaned through word of mouth, is inaccurate; for example..... what actually occurred with Margaritaville.

i spent 12 days on board; met various senior staff a number of times. I don't believe I was given the run around. Any information I posted in my blog was from more than one reliable source. I was left with the distinct impression that the seven 'worlds' on board, whilst co-existing, may as well be on different ships for all that they know about one another.

As ever, the guest will be the very last one to know. I would take any info from a TA with a pinch of salt.

i'm going to try and explain this.

Between your left hand and your right hand you have a heart, lungs and brain etc. As you've fed and grown over the years all your parts have learnt to work together, to co-ordinate, to co-exist.

RCL has also fed and grown over the years. Unfortunately their central nervous system requires a major upgrade as none of the parts communicate with each other. The people at the chalk face, the customer facing face, have been sworn to secrecy. Having said that what they do in fact know relates to their area of expertise alone.... and even then the info they have been given,or gleaned through word of mouth, is inaccurate; for example..... what actually occurred with Margaritaville.

i spent 12 days on board; met various senior staff a number of times. I don't believe I was given the run around. Any information I posted in my blog was from more than one reliable source. I was left with the distinct impression that the seven 'worlds' on board, whilst co-existing, may as well be on different ships for all that they know about one another.

As ever, the guest will be the very last one to know. I would take any info from a TA with a pinch of salt.

LOL! Great explanation!:D

I guess we will have to wait and see the new plans still.......;)

I posted this on another tread as well

I just checked, those grand Suite rooms are available for my sailing, Jan 2nd 2016. A bit too rich for my blood but I've been interested in this whole process because I have rooms 11728 and 11729 so I was wondering if those were going away. With the room numbering I'm guessing those are staying since the Grand suite is # is 11730.

The Royal suite is also available on deck 17. The description says it has a 345sf Balcony. They must be adding that.

I just put in a mock booking for my sailing for a Grand Suite and the cabin that popped up for me was 11330! Still not showing on the deck plans, but as the previous poster stated, it bodes well for my cabin - 11329.:cool: I would think it that cabin had been eliminated the numbering system would be different. I wish I could afford the GS!:D But I would have to give up my Panama Canal cruise 5 months later, and it's not worth doing that.:cool:

My info is that these rooms will not be bookable before November. Dry dock will not be long enough for all the changes to be implemented. New deck plans will probably only be published when they are sure that the work has been completed to standard.

We sail on Oasis November 22nd this fall and are staying in SLS 1720. I will be watching carefully to see what the finished construction Royal Suite Cabin/s look like. We have a late disembarkation flight so I will visit the cabin after it has been vacated for a visit and possible photo shoot. ;)

Thanks for your great review too.

Andrew

We sail on Oasis November 22nd this fall and are staying in SLS 1720. I will be watching carefully to see what the finished construction Royal Suite Cabin/s look like. We have a late disembarkation flight so I will visit the cabin after it has been vacated for a visit and possible photo shoot. ;)

Thanks for your great review too.

Andrew

Great Andrew, maybe you could head aft to check out a new GS. Thanks so much. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob