Dream issues

Live to Dream

Having read all the negative reviews on the air conditioning, I am second guessing this ship. We are on the April 19, 2015 departure and in room 6201. Should I start contacting CC now about my expectations of air and not their expectations of 75. I don't even let my dog in the heat. For the amount of money we are paying, I expect to be able to control my own thermostat to my standards, not theirs!:mad:

Having read all the negative reviews on the air conditioning, I am second guessing this ship. We are on the April 19, 2015 departure and in room 6201. Should I start contacting CC now about my expectations of air and not their expectations of 75. I don't even let my dog in the heat. For the amount of money we are paying, I expect to be able to control my own thermostat to my standards, not theirs!:mad:

If you're having second thoughts about the Dream because of your temperature sensitivity, you should probably call Carnival and re-book to a different ship. Why take the chance?

Just got off the Dream this morning. In past threads I had posted wondering the same thing. We were in cabin 7460 aft facing balcony, and had no troubles with temps. However we kept the door closed, curtains drawn and a/c cranked up to max the whole trip. Yeah, I know, it kind of defeats the point of having a balcony cabin.

We did bring and use a fan(pictured) and it kept things comfy.

DSCN1130.jpg.5b1cba6a2b51708c99c993db77105fd4.jpg

DSCN1176.jpg.75e10a7a0094497c7e9a1df5f7d7fa23.jpg

My 3 cruises on the Dream had great AC control. There is a thermostat of sorts, and it could get very very cold in the room. Way too cold! We kept it around the middle of the thermostat, where the blue is turning to red. The Dream is an awesome ship, the best of the fleet! Being the best, it tends to get blamed for everything, and people will want to run it down any chance they get. Just like the kitchen blockade, which is on all but 4 of Carnival ships. However, the Dream gets the most complaints about the kitchen blockade.

Edited by k2excursion

If you are going to fret for the next 6 months over what your cabin temperature might be, then cancel the trip now and save your money.

Is this AC issue on the Dream new. Wasnt even on my radar, and now it's all over the place, which means there must be something to it, just not everyone is experiencing it. Just hope it's not just someone that forgot to take their hormones. I'm married to someone who can break out in a sweat in a room reading 60.

Thank you L454S ... we will be in 7467 next month, and were very concerned about the a/c. Our fingers are still crossed ... but will hope that our room will be cool as yours was!

Just of the Dream a week ago, Had Balcony 7455. No issues with the air. Had the curtains open everyday for the view when in the room or on the balcony.

I have been on the Dream twice. The most recent was in 2014 at which time we had 8 cabins in various areas of the ship. Nobody had any issues with the temps or controlling them.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a cove balcony room on the Dream last fall and never had an issue with temps in our room. We are the type of people who like it a little chilly when we sleep, and tend to keep our house around 68 or less. We found our room was very comfortable.

As someone who has experienced cabins temps that are too warm, I suggest emailing them expressing your concerns, hopefully you will get a response. Keep that response and if you have a problem on ship show it to the hotel director.

The dream had better cabin temperatures than the Conquest. We sweated to death twice on the Conquest and the Dream was bearable.

I agree. We were on the Dream in Sept. I would have liked the room to be cooler when we got back from shore excursions but it was never uncomfortable for us. Conquest was a little warmer but it was May.

We were on the Dream a couple weeks ago and it was warm, thermostat was cranked to cold and it never got cold or even cool. We were in a cove balcony. I am usually freezing all the time, as an example I still wear sweatshirts when its 80-90 degrees outside. We never complained because it was bearable for me, not so much for my DH.

As someone who has experienced cabins temps that are too warm, I suggest emailing them expressing your concerns, hopefully you will get a response. Keep that response and if you have a problem on ship show it to the hotel director.

Just curious as to what type of response do you think they will give? They will probably just state the standard. They sure aren't going to make a pre-cruise offer of some type of compensation if the A/C is not like a meat locker.

We were on the Conquest last year and it was fine. Of course, I am the kind that is always cold. But, we took our little digital thermometer and it read low 70's all week. Of course, that was with my hubby and I both turning it up and down! He likes it cold and I don't.

From what I have been able to tell from CC is that temperature is very subjective and there is no consensus on the temps on any ship at any given time. It is up to you whether you are going to worry about this the entire time before your cruise or if you will just roll withe the punches and experience it for yourself.