Coffee on Princess

Cruise Raider

We recently returned to Princess and found the coffee to be improved. I noted a problem at two dispensers in the HC on Sapphire, though. When you put your cup under the tap, it might dispense all coffee. Or, it might start with coffee and change to clear water; or it might start with water and change to coffee. In which case, I would just dump what was in the cup and start over. I noticed they eventually shut down one of the dispensers that was doing that but not the other.

Our family just got off the Crown on Saturday and the coffee all week was the nasty syrup. MDR coffee wasn't much better than HC. Needless to say I spent all week visiting the coffee bar at I.C. I hope princess upgrades their coffees across all their ships soon!

Our family just got off the Crown on Saturday and the coffee all week was the nasty syrup. MDR coffee wasn't much better than HC. Needless to say I spent all week visiting the coffee bar at I.C. I hope princess upgrades their coffees across all their ships soon!

Passengers have been hoping for years.

We've always commented that Princess had the worst coffee ever. We likened it licking the bottom of a dirty ashtray....it was that bad.

So, what happened? We were recently on the Island Princess and ordered room service just wanted some coffee, even if it was that swill they serve. What happened?? It was actually good....it was actually hot and good!

Did they change their supplier? It used to be that nasty coffee syrup -- is that a thing of the past? It certainly has improved tenfold. I was thinking of going down to the International Café but no need.

I was so happy!!

Passengers have been hoping for years.

I knew that but based on OP's comment I was hoping that there might be a change (really) this time.

We recently returned to Princess and found the coffee to be improved. I noted a problem at two dispensers in the HC on Sapphire, though. When you put your cup under the tap, it might dispense all coffee. Or, it might start with coffee and change to clear water; or it might start with water and change to coffee. In which case, I would just dump what was in the cup and start over. I noticed they eventually shut down one of the dispensers that was doing that but not the other.

I noticed this EXACT thing on the Golden recently at two dispenser stations. When I would run the plain hot water spout in the HC to make real ice tea with teabags, it often looked and tasted like weak coffee. Sometimes it would change from coffee to water and back within a few seconds.

I mentioned this to someone in the HC who looked like a supervisor, and he shrugged his shoulders and said that was "normal". No apology or apparent concern. I mentioned this on my comments after the cruise, but got no response from Princess :(.

Edited by Ryndam2002
spelling

Coffee in the morning is a necessity. Coffee in the evening with dinner and also with desert is a simple pleasure. Coffee on Princess is an inconvenience.

Having to buy a coffee card to get fresh brewed coffee which is free on every other line is annoying. We came back with an unpunched coffee card. All we want is coffee.

Can you have your steward bring you a pot of hot water in the morning? I was thinking of bringing a filter cone,paper filters, and a can of my favorite blend.

If this is possible, I'd just ask the steward to deliver the hot water at the same time every morning) and I'd probably tip him/her in the process.

Since no electronics are involved it should be okay.. I hope?

Can you have your steward bring you a pot of hot water in the morning? I was thinking of bringing a filter cone,paper filters, and a can of my favorite blend.

If this is possible, I'd just ask the steward to deliver the hot water at the same time every morning) and I'd probably tip him/her in the process.

Since no electronics are involved it should be okay.. I hope?

Yes -- you would order from room service, not your steward.

You can hang a tag on your door requesting this the night

before.

People often use this for tea -- but find the water not hot enough.

On Golden I noticed that in the buffet the coffee was much better if they bring it to you, so they must be brewing it in the back.

If you get it yourself it's the sludge from the machine, but at least it's strong -- so you don't need much to get your caffeine kick.

Still.... embarrassing that Carnival coffee is better.

On Golden I noticed that in the buffet the coffee was much better if they bring it to you, so they must be brewing it in the back.

If you get it yourself it's the sludge from the machine, but at least it's strong -- so you don't need much to get your caffeine kick.

Still.... embarrassing that Carnival coffee is better.

Good to know! I wonder if this is the case fleet-wide?

LOL. Just watch where the server goes...........straight to the machine.