Online Check In

dsvd79

I just finished checking in for my Jan 11 sailing on Quantum. I got boarding group B, and my other half got boarding group E. Obviously he will board with me, along with my friend in a different cabin. I just thought I would share in case anyone else had this happen.

When I checked in it asked me f I wanted other cruisers to have the same time and I could just add them as long as I had thier rez #....didn't you get this option?

I did, I thought it was strange. I'm going to take the other posters advice and reprint later. I never actually printed anything officially yet. I got a few more months.

That happened to me.

To solve the problem I printed them both again and they matched.

It sounds odd but it worked.

Mine switches between C and G every other time I click on the link. I am in the 11:45-12:15 group. Very odd!

same freak flyer; mine and hubby's switches between B and F, same arrival appointment. I've saved .pdf versions of the B's and those are the ones I'm bringing to the port! If an "A" ever shows up, or an earlier time, I'll save that one!

Ok, question.... If you watched the 1 hour video about the Smart ship, the CEO said there would be 10 minutes from curb to ship. He never said anything about boarding appointments. Are they trying the 'staggered boarding ' approach that Princess uses in some ports ?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Anyone else having issues with online check in? I did it prior to the new version going live without any issue. I went in after it went live to pick an arrival time for the first leg of our B2B. They changed that time like they did to many others so I corrected it. Tonight I went in and submitted photos for the first leg no problem. I then went to submit for the second leg and it listed my name for all 3 passengers! I backed out and went back in and at different times it can be correct or show me for 2 or 3 people. When I go into the actual records they all list my info except the static fields. I waited an hour on hold to get someone at Royal Caribbean, spent 15 minutes getting them to see the problem. They corrected the data, I went in and it did it again. They put me on hold for 15 minutes then came back and it disconnected. Nobody called me back so now I'm waiting on hold again to get a hold of someone to find out if they fixed anything.

Most annoying part is that they've admitted multiple times during my Dynamic Dinning issues that this leg is corrupt but claim the only way to fix it would change the price to the current one. So it seems I can pay $2,000 or spend months on the phone. I screenshot all my issues now, anyone ever seen anything like this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=327912&stc=1&d=1413337365

I can't believe how frustrating their technology is and I work in IT and love technology. Can't imagine how everyone else is handling all of this. Done with my venting now, lol.

287761973_ScreenShot2014-10-14at9_04.18PM2.jpg.76a6b19d88051751f9330ecf0c20f78c.jpg

Edited by DEIx15x8

Update: Finally got ahold of someone else. They checked into it and don't know what the problem is. They said that the information from the first leg covers both including the photo so the second isn't nearly. Not sure if that's normal, but I asked this exact question several times and was always told I had to do both. Would have been nice to know this 3 hours ago. Not sure why they can't remove that link and put a message up if the reservation is listed as a B2B.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Update: Finally got ahold of someone else. They checked into it and don't know what the problem is. They said that the information from the first leg covers both including the photo so the second isn't nearly. Not sure if that's normal, but I asked this exact question several times and was always told I had to do both. Would have been nice to know this 3 hours ago. Not sure why they can't remove that link and put a message up if the reservation is listed as a B2B.

We only do b2b cruises and have only ever been required to have the first SetSail Pass for the first cruise. Everything is transferred from the first cruise to the following cruise(s).

When you do your on-line check-in, on the Travel Plans Page there is a drop down box where you can select that you are a consecutive cruiser.

We only do b2b cruises and have only ever been required to have the first SetSail Pass for the first cruise. Everything is transferred from the first cruise to the following cruise(s).

When you do your on-line check-in, on the Travel Plans Page there is a drop down box where you can select that you are a consecutive cruiser.

Do you normally do any of the online check-in then? I had done it 2 months ago before the changes and it was set as "consecutive cruiser" on the page for it. When I tried to do the photos yesterday it started messing with all the data though so at this point everyone has identical information including probably even the passport numbers. They say that none of it is relevant though, not just the set sail pass so the setting to say consecutive cruiser would not normally even be seen then. It all seems so confusing and really shouldn't be. I typically only make 1-2 calls per cruise and that includes the one to book it totaling an hour max. With Quantum I am well over 100 calls so far, this is really not an upgrade or a quantum leap forward in any way.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Do you normally do any of the online check-in then? I had done it 2 months ago before the changes and it was set as "consecutive cruiser" on the page for it. When I tried to do the photos yesterday it started messing with all the data though so at this point everyone has identical information including probably even the passport numbers. They say that none of it is relevant though, not just the set sail pass so the setting to say consecutive cruiser would not normally even be seen then. It all seems so confusing and really shouldn't be. I typically only make 1-2 calls per cruise and that includes the one to book it totaling an hour max. With Quantum I am well over 100 calls so far, this is really not an upgrade or a quantum leap forward in any way.

I only did the on-line check-in for the 11/23 cruise even though we are also doing the 12/1 cruise. I did it when we first booked back in 2013. :eek: I did go back in and add the photos on September 18 and indicate the arrival time, but that is the only thing I updated. I left everything else alone.

I only do check-in for the first cruise no matter how many are strung together as a consecutive cruise. If you want to go back in to your already completed on-line check in to review anything, you will have to reprint your SetSail Pass again. This happens for any ship. The check-in seems to be very sensitive when it comes to reviewing what may have been put in months prior.

I only did the on-line check-in for the 11/23 cruise even though we are also doing the 12/1 cruise. I did it when we first booked back in 2013. :eek: I did go back in and add the photos on September 18 and indicate the arrival time, but that is the only thing I updated. I left everything else alone.

I only do check-in for the first cruise no matter how many are strung together as a consecutive cruise. If you want to go back in to your already completed on-line check in to review anything, you will have to reprint your SetSail Pass again. This happens for any ship. The check-in seems to be very sensitive when it comes to reviewing what may have been put in months prior.

Thanks for the information, that's comforting to know.