Looking for someone to change my mind...

magsbags

Mags,

Not sure what ship to suggest, because I'm not sure what "Eh" meant about the ship itself. Decor, entertainment, food, activities, etc.?

Most of what you wrote was about the crowds and types of cruisers. As many other have pointed out that can have a lot more to do with when and where you cruise than the ship.

But I'm not sure what things you are looking for in a ship. What you like and what you don't?

Try a longer cruise, 7 days or more, in the off-season. Better rates, and better behaved passengers . . . usually. This is true in other cruise lines as well, not just Carnival. Just my opinion based on my observations and experience.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Since I used to work on cruise ships years ago I can tell you that every cruise is a vastly different experience. It really comes down to who is there with you and that is out of your hands. I wouldn't pay to sail on any very cheap cruise. I would rather pay in the higher priced seasons. I also avoid spring break.

I love the Fantasy class ships because they are well laid out. I am not a fan of the sunshine. Some are prettier than others.

I'm not a fan of the special cruises because the people that come with them are usually rude and entitled behaving making those in their path miserable.

While I was working there were some cruises I was sad to see end because the people were terrific. Others couldn't end fast enough. Generally on those cruises there were other passengers who were lovely with the same sentiment. Cruise length didn't matter much.

Sometimes the cruises felt crowded because everybody wanted to do the same thing at the same time. Other times, the ship could packed and feel empty because of different interests.

Just my two cents. I'm going in July with my whole family and I'm hoping it's a good crowd.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

A newer ship like the Magic or Dream would be what I would recommend. Promenades around the whole ship and great water parks and ropes courses. Lots more to offer. Red Frog Pubs are great for night time entertainment. Also a longer cruise of at least 7 nights and only when kids are in school.

Have done 31 cruises on 7 different lines and six on carnival. took freedom from Rome on a TA and breeze from Barcelona also on a TA. loved it. sailed destiny out of Puerto Rico and hated it. did three different 8 day cruises liberty/freedom/breeze and enjoyed them all. I would never go on a 3-5 day cruise however. dining room food on the breeze on our last cruise the worst ever on any ship. The steakhouse however is the best at sea. All in all we prefer celebrity or Holland America.

Yes, the Sensation 3 and 4 day booze cruise to the Bahamas is not the best choice, try a 7 day and the experience will be completely different. My personal favorite is the Pride. The entire client base seemed a step above the normal Carnival cruise.

I am always careful to pick cruises with the lowest passenger to square footage ratio. I do not like the packed ships.

We sailed Carnival and RC with our kids. HA, Princess, and Celebrity without our kids. Carnival and RC are the two lines that we know our kids will prefer.

Having said that, we learned our lesson with the less expensive cruises on both lines. That could mean the smaller, older ships or shorter itineraries. Our experience seems to mirror a lot of other posters. More cussing, more smoking, more rude behavior, more belligerent drinking. Not everyone but certainly more than other cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums