Favorite Princess Ship

KruzeKrazy!

Sapphire. She seems to have the best combination of features and size.

• Wide, wrap-around Promenade that accommodates loungers? Check!
  • Fewer passengers with no Riviera Deck? Check!
  • Open forward Platform at the top for viewing? Check!
  • Aft pool and aft hot tubs? Check!
  • Alfredo's? Check!
  • International Cafe? Check!
  • Both an outdoor and a covered pool? Check!

The only thing that she is missing is a Crown Grill restaurant. Add that (and gelato at the IC) and the ship would be perfect. I miss her. :(

I also like the choice of the 4 themed dining rooms for ATD.

My nomination for ship's name is Cinderella, in honor of the ash and soot!

Good one.;) I was one who experienced the soot. Princess did move us half way through the TA for which we were very grateful.

The Cinderella Princess has a nice ring to it.:D:D

Of the 10 different Princess ships we have cruised on (see below), the Coral and Island twins are my favorite. Just the right size, forward-facing buffet, and especially the Bayou Cafe are some of the things that stand out.

It should be noted that:

1. Our next cruise just might change our mind, according to many people I have talked to.

2. Haven't been on a Princess ship I didn't like (although one came out as "least-liked").

I like the idea of "the one I'm currently on" ... cannot argue with that..

However at this point, I have to say Emerald.... only because as you can see below, to date, ... it's the only Princess ship we have been on! We have become very comfortable with the layout....

However it's great to see so many Coral lovers... that's up next and may change our minds!

It's difficult to pick one - I like the Dawn and Sun for the wrap around promenades (I'm a deck walker) , but the Tahitian (now Ocean) Princess is an equal favorite . The decor and size is very appealing, plus she can dock closer to the action due to her size.

We're booked on the Pacific for next year's adventures.

The original Love boats, and the original Royal Princess. I have no intention of ever going on the new Royal, not a chance.

Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess are my favorites in the current fleet. My all-time favorite is also the original Royal Princess - no inside cabins, full wraparound promenade deck, great itineraries...

Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess are my favorites in the current fleet. My all-time favorite is also the original Royal Princess - no inside cabins, full wraparound promenade deck, great itineraries...

Jim,

I've never run across a "neighbor" on these boards.

We live in AG on the Mesa

The original Pacific Princess. We sailed her NY-Bermuda just a few months before she left the fleet. She creaked, she groaned, and she leaked when it rained - and it was one of the best times we ever had. She was a grand old lady and sure wish Princess would have kept her - if just as a museum!

The original Pacific Princess. We sailed her NY-Bermuda just a few months before she left the fleet. She creaked, she groaned, and she leaked when it rained - and it was one of the best times we ever had. She was a grand old lady and sure wish Princess would have kept her - if just as a museum!

I wrote to Princess and offered them the wild-a$$-idea of buying her when she was being scrapped, permanently mooring her in San Pedro, and turning her into a hotel/museum where people could stay the night before their cruises. It would have been part of the embarkation dock, and everyone who boarded their ship would have walked through the Love Boat on their way to their eventual ship. They obviously didn't like my idea. I still think it would have worked. Imagine if Cunard sold packages where you stay in Long Beach on the Queen Mary for a night or two before boarding the QM2 for your cruise. Same idea, only with Princess, your package would include Princess Air, Princess Transfers, and a night on the (renovated) Love Boat. Part of the ship would have remained true to its origin, and part of it would have been decked out in Hollywood splendor to recapture the venues shown on the TV show, like the Pirates' Cove Bar. And non-cruisers could book the ship/hotel just for the fun of it, or for weddings, anniversaries, proms, graduation parties, birthday parties, etc. The folks in Santa Clarita have no imagination!

:rolleyes: So hard to choose, they are all wonderful ships. Grand was our first Princess cruise, so that has a special place in my heart. Also, love the Crown as we sailed her when she was first sailing out of NY. Then the Emerald is a favorite as we sailed her on one of our best cruises ever. Also, love the Royal as she is a beautiful and elegant ship.