Canyon Spa

ChicagoCruisin

We were on Reflection in May, after the changeover, and DH says he had the best massage he has ever had. And yes, he had experienced the spa on other Celebrity ships. Prices, weren't cheap, of course, but you expect that on a cruise ship. No hard sell on their products, either.

We were on Reflection in June. The treatments themselves were very good. We did find the overall service in the spa to be a confusing, jumbled mess. There was poor communication between the staff and guests and among the staff themselves. All of our appointments either didn't start on time or ran late. For us, that didn't matter so much. But other guests were upset as it interfered with whatever they had scheduled. The lack of a hard sell was a welcome change.

Usually we each book several treatments during a cruise, but this time we just did a couple each because it wasn't fun being in the spa.

However, I will definitely try them again, chalking up our experience to Canyon Ranch being new to the ship.

I had a hot stone massage on a port day. Just walked into the spa and asked about availability and was able to get an appointment right then. The price was about $100 less than on a sea day. The gratuity is 18% vs 15% with Steiner so I did not feel the need to tip extra. The best, most relaxing, part was no attempt at all to sell any products.

Mary Lou

I had given up on Steiner because of the hard sell, but I was preemptive and said something to that effect "so happy to hear you guys don't do the hard sell on products at the end", so I have no idea what it would have been like without saying anything - price was good, watch for specials.