Montego Bay for seniors

weston gal

We are in our 70's and will be there next month. Any suggestions on what to do? We've been to Doc's Cave beach. A day pass elsewhere would not work. We don't drink and my husband has physical limitations. We have been to Ocho Rios for a week, years ago and have been to Falmouth a few times. I really don't want to stay on the ship.

We too are in our 70's. We don't do a lot of beaching anymore unless we are with a group. Last time I had arranged a tour but could just as well gotten off the ship and taken the same tour. There were folks waiting at the pier and we took a small bus up to see the White Witch plantation and even though we live in a area with an abundance of plantations it was interesting. The driver gave us a tour around MB and then we stopped at the Pork Pit for lunch. It was interesting. Not our first time there. If you want to see more of the island check Trip Advisor for some good information.

We too are in our 70's. We don't do a lot of beaching anymore unless we are with a group. Last time I had arranged a tour but could just as well gotten off the ship and taken the same tour. There were folks waiting at the pier and we took a small bus up to see the White Witch plantation and even though we live in a area with an abundance of plantations it was interesting. The driver gave us a tour around MB and then we stopped at the Pork Pit for lunch. It was interesting. Not our first time there. If you want to see more of the island check Trip Advisor for some good information.

Thanks for the reply. How much and how long was the tour? Did you negotiate the price? Was it similiar to other carribean islands, where the locals are waiting outside the pier? Were there others from your cruise on the bus with you? I think this might be the answer.

Thanks for the reply. How much and how long was the tour? Did you negotiate the price? Was it similiar to other carribean islands, where the locals are waiting outside the pier? Were there others from your cruise on the bus with you? I think this might be the answer.

Some of our most fun days taking tours has been having no plans. Find a taxi/driver you like and negotiate a fare for a 4 or 5 hr day. Have him take you some places that are interesting (or if you have any special places in mind). We usually tell them to take us to some cool off the beaten path place that sells local handicrafts, then to someplace to eat and then to a bar that has oceanviews for some cocktails. We also offer to purchas lunch for the driver and make them part of our experience!

They always know the best places!!