Hubby wants to know ...

could he wear BLACK jeans to the dining room on the FIRST night of the cruise. He prefers to travel in jeans and we will need to leave home at 8 am and do not arrive at FL airport until 2:15 pm. Because of the later arrival at the airport we are concerned that we may not have our luggage in time for dinner. I am fine to travel in a nice pair of capris so I'm not concerned. We want to be comfy but as first timers we don't want to break any fashion rules.

Thanks

Brenda

I've seen posted here that denim is denim, no matter the color. He may want to opt to travel in something else in the event he doesn't have time to change.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until VICTORY is ours 5/9/04

<MARQUEE>A day at sea is better than any day at work</MARQUEE>

Usually on the first night they allow for jeans or even shorts in the dining room as some people may have not received their luggage yet. Atleast this has been true on NCL and Carnival, I doubt this would hold true on the Cunard or Seaborne....

Natalie

Superstar Leo to Alaska 5/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800http://community.webshots.com/user/natalunia

Yes, but make sure they're still black and haven't faded to dingy black/gray. Usually the first night is pretty casual - as others have posted - all luggage may not have been distributed by dinner time.

If you've never been to FLL before - you might want to caution your husband - he will be sweltering in those jeans as soon as he steps outsite the terminal. Not only is FLL hot - it's really humid too. Dockers or shorts would be much more comfortable.

It's true - DH will be sweltering in those jeans of his. I have seen some jeans in the dining room on the first night, although I can probably count the number of my two hands. I would pack a pair of chinos or similar in your carry-on, just in case your luggage does not arrive in time.

Enjoy your vaca! icon_cool.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

I always travel in jeans and wear them on the first night and last and have been fine. This is what is comfortable for me and what I live and work in so I'm not going to buy more clothes than necessary, that I'll never wear again. If this offends anyone, I apologize in advance. I dress nicely for the other nights and formal nights, but I'll never understand what is wrong with nice, clean jeans-sorry.

No jeans in the dining room. That's my thoughts too.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas - RCCL

Voyager of the Seas - RCCL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

icon_cool.gif The no-wrinkle, no-stain khakis would be a MUCH better choice for him in Florida and on the ship! Don't know where you're from, but Florida weather can easily melt those jeans right off your body - lol!

Good luck and have a great time!

Karen icon_wink.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Normally I would say no jeans in the dining room. My DH doesn't wear them on any night of the cruise. They really are too hot unless you're going to Alaska.

That being said, on our cruise last month, they did allow jeans in the dining room on the first and last nights because of the luggage situation. This problem can easily be resolved by wearing something more appropriate when you board the ship OR by packing the clothes you will need in a carry on.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Archived