So confused i could cry

joyce&bob

sailing on the Divina 10/18/2014 sailing. Originally I had 2 cabins booked 8137 & 8139. Was told this forum that these cabins were the worst balcony cabins on the ship.

Called my TA and he got us moved to cabins 9066 & 9062. Posted again on here of our change. Asking for any information on these cabins. Received a response saying they also were not good. Said they were cabins that had sliding door out but once you were out all you had was a cut-out (picture window). Sort of like an ocean view. If you were sitting could not see out at all. Had to stand up and look out window type opening.

Needless to say called my TA again, this time in tears. He assured me that was NOT the case. He said he had MSC on the line for 20 min. And they said cabins 9062 & 9066 had normal type balconies.

Now what do I do. Is there a way I can check with MSC to verify? I did try calling them direct this morning but was told to go through my TA. Anybody have a name of a person at MSC a who would take my call.

Has anybody stayed in these cabins or near them who could give me a first hand report.

Thanks to anyone who can give me some HELP!

sailing on the Divina 10/18/2014 sailing. Originally I had 2 cabins booked 8137 & 8139. Was told this forum that these cabins were the worst balcony cabins on the ship.

Called my TA and he got us moved to cabins 9066 & 9062. Posted again on here of our change. Asking for any information on these cabins. Received a response saying they also were not good. Said they were cabins that had sliding door out but once you were out all you had was a cut-out (picture window). Sort of like an ocean view. If you were sitting could not see out at all. Had to stand up and look out window type opening.

Needless to say called my TA again, this time in tears. He assured me that was NOT the case. He said he had MSC on the line for 20 min. And they said cabins 9062 & 9066 had normal type balconies.

Now what do I do. Is there a way I can check with MSC to verify? I did try calling them direct this morning but was told to go through my TA. Anybody have a name of a person at MSC a who would take my call.

Has anybody stayed in these cabins or near them who could give me a first hand report.

Try my PVC David. He's very good. He won't be able to change your stateroom for you because you booked through a travel agent,,but he can advise you on rooms which may be available. Before you call,,arm yourself with a deck plan so you have an idea of where on the ship your stateroom will be:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Images/Deckplans_DI_June2013_tcm12-80769.pdf

Here's David's direct number: 954.958.3286

This is a picture from Cruisetrail's 1st post about Divina:

http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t595/kompass7/Divina%20Confidential/General/2MSCDivinaatPort_zps99995cd1.jpg

This clearly shows the hull on Deck 9 with cutout for balcony.

Try my PVC David. He's very good. He won't be able to change your stateroom for you because you booked through a travel agent,,but he can advise you on rooms which may be available. Before you call,,arm yourself with a deck plan so you have an idea of where on the ship your stateroom will be:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Images/Deckplans_DI_June2013_tcm12-80769.pdf

Here's David's direct number: 954.958.3286

I will try him. Wish me luck!

Thanks again for your help.

Here is the definitive image

ALLDSCKS.jpg

Pete

i called David and he was wonderful. I certainly will book through him next time.

He assured me that cabins 9066 & 9062 were "regular" balcony type cabins.

Boy do I feel better! Thank you again and again....

I have been on over 50 cruises but this was the first time I did the research and booking and our friends are new to cruising and this is their first balcony. So when I read how bad these cabins were I truly was upset. Anyway all is well that ends well.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling note and answering.

i called David and he was wonderful. I certainly will book through him next time.

I have been on over 50 cruises but this was the first time I did the research and booking and our friends are new to cruising and this is their first balcony. So when I read how bad these cabins were I truly was upset. Anyway all is well that ends well.

I booked with a local TA who was not familiar with the ship for my Sept cruise, just like you did. Not the best room, but any cruise is fine to me.

For my forthcoming cruise, I used David. He knows the ship and I am delighted that I found him.

I beg you to not take 9062 and 9066 you WILL be disappointed. take 10228 and 10232 that you mentioned on the other thread

My image shows clearly the "window " in the hull that you will get.

unless the TA has looked at an image the deck plans won't enlighten him

Pete

Edited by Skier52

THIS is where the confusion may come from

This is an image of Splendida and she has far LESS "metal" balconies, in fact most of deck 9 has normal balconies.

the red area is where dIvina has metal balconies

slgenida.jpg

Edited by Skier52

thanks I received. One more question before I call TA again. Do each of those windows on deck 9 represent 1 or 2 cabins?

Two cabins per opening except the small one 4th from left edge of the hump which is a single balcony 9070

I booked a balcony with a cut out (solid white metal walls with very big cut out) on my Divina cuise last year because it was dirt cheap. I truly didn't mind it at all. It was like having an extra room added on to your cabin beyond the cabin itself. (little porch) True, you couldn't see the ocean from bed, but you couild also sit out on your balcony pretty much naked because people could not see in either. It was cozy and gave a real sense of privacy. (There is an upside to almost everything) It would be my second choice over the glass partitioned balconies, but if you get a great deal on such a cabin, I would not hesitate to book. :) Glad you ultimately got what you wanted. Have a great cruise!

finally, a remark from someone who actually had one of these cabins.

I appreciate your view and you are absolutely right....

We are traveling with good friends can you still open the dividers between our cabins?

Skier 52 and Mike has posted pictures of your cabin numerous times.

The Divina deck plan on the MSC USA website has a note in the legend that specifically says that 8134, 8136, 8137, 8138, 8139, 8140, 8141, and 8143 Have restricted views. I am glad to hear that you got it sorted out. With that in mind, I'm surprised that your person on the phone didn't have that info for you.

EDIT: nvm... just read in another of the several threads on the cabin moves that this was already addressed.

Edited by ImperialCodeMonkey
follow up after reading other posts

I do believe the steward can open the divider even on the cutout balcony, as that is how the maintenance guys clean the balconies. They go all the way down from one balcony to the next all from the outside, this way they do not have to go through all the individual rooms to access them. We only saw them do this once and they warned us ahead of time so we could close our curtains for privacy if we chose. It was pretty cool to see.