GoPro rentals?

Kstofflet

Do you know if there is an option to rent a GoPro camera from the cruise line?

I was on the Dream a little over 2 weeks ago, and they had HD video cameras available to rent at the Shore Excursions Desk, but I don't think they are GoPros. Here's the ad for them that was in the shore excursion list:

IMG_6167_zpsfabc1d3a.jpg

Just remembered there is a website that you can rent cameras and video cameras (and other gear) from. I've never used them, but they seem to have good reviews and appear to be reliable. You might want to check them out.

http://www.borrowlenses.com

And, here's a link to their GoPro cameras:

http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/gopro-video

Hope that helps.

Rental GoPro cameras. That's an interesting idea. Provide your own SD Card. I bet a lot of people would take them up on that.

But still, don't be afraid to pull the trigger on buying one. I originally got mine (Hero 2, so it's an older model) on an impulse. But I've found that as time goes by, I find more and more uses for it.

Maybe even look on Craigslist for a Hero 2 or Hero 3 model. You could get those pretty cheap. Like I said, mine's a Hero 2 and it does everything I need it to.

So if you think you'd like a GoPro, my advice is just go get one.

If I were to get a GoPro HERO (the first one I guess?) would that be okay to use underwater while snorkeling and taking underwater and above water shots when we do the stingray excursion?

Would I need to buy an extra protective case for the snorkeling or anything? Never used a GoPro before but heard they are good.

When you buy a GoPro, it should come with a waterproof case. You can take perfectly good video just holding the camera. You may want to buy one of the pole-type accessories to make holding it a little easier.

So there is no wrist strap or anything or any kind of strap from keeping me from losing it in the water? Heh...not that I would, but I don't know if I'd want to chance that...

If I were to rent from that website that was first posted does that already come with waterproof housing? I guess I could ask them, but if you were able to tell right off the bat...

I guess I need to read up on GoPros a little more. So clueless, hehe.

The low end version is basically the same as the HD Hero series camera.

Borrowlenses and other sites will rent cameras and lenses for reasonable prices. Make sure you watch plenty of videos to learn how to use it before you leave.

Since the Hero 4 is coming out they discounted the Hero 3+. Just got mine. :D

I have to make sure my power strip can accommodate all of "photographic proof this took place on my vacation" electronics for the cruise coming up.

Bite the bullet and sink some money into a GoPro Hero 4, the newest camera they have now. Warning, you'll also need to set aside the same amount you paid for the camera for accessories and mounts. Wait, make that double what you paid considering I have over $1000 in accessories and mounts and only paid $369 for the Hero3.......

My Hero4 will be in tomorrow for pick up and I'll need a new memory card and a new LCD backpack....

• 5 months later...

I was looking for a GoPro rental as well and was turned on to catchathrill.com

been singing their praises ever since! Super knowledgable and they have everything you would need for a cruise or any other type of event/vacation! Package shows up at your door and you use provided return postage to send back once you're home! Super cool!