On Oasis TA time change question??

Will leave from Rotterdam and go to Southampton will change clocks back 1 hour and then we go to Vigo before the crossing...Vigo is plus one hour. Do you think they will change clocks again to be on Vigo time...I'm trying to make

Train reservations in Vigo to go to Santiago.

Since there are quite a few hours to change to clocks between Rotterdam and Fort Lauderdale I would guess that ship time and local would correspond for your port stop.

On the Eastbound Transatlantic that I took in the spring, we had a time change between ports and then more along the way. Ship time was the same as local time in all ports.

The port website shows the same port timing as RCI of 8 AM to 8 PM.

http://www.apvigo.com/control.php?sph=a_iap=1110%%p_rpp=1

It will be interesting to see how the ship handles the time changes from Rotterdam to Southampton and then back to Vigo, but they will most likely hold the 8 AM to 8 PM times scheduled with the port in Vigo and the 10 AM to 11:59 PM with Southampton, no matter what they do with ship's time. This is used for the scheduling of local suppliers and port activities.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

One solution would be to leave the ship on CET and do all time changes on the crossing, but since they do have 2 nights between ports, I am imagining that they will change time to avoid confusion. That then leaves them with 6 moves back on the 9 night crossing.

The cross-channel time changes are a pain. Used to do Antwerp-Gravesend-Rotterdam in 3 days, and we just kept ship's time on European time in the UK.

Having said that, since Southampton is also an embarkation port, my guess would be that they will change time from Rotterdam to Southampton so that those embarking are not confused when they get onboard. From Southampton to Vigo requires a sea day, so they will change back to local time. Just MHO.

I wanted to make an 9:40am reservation in Vigo to go to Santiago if they stay on Southampton time the ship would dock at 9am instead of 8am. Would they do that??

I looked at the itinerary. Since they are doing two sea days to Vigo (breaking in easy after drydock), I'm pretty sure they will change back to European time for Vigo. Also, as the other poster said, the RCI itinerary shows docking at 8am, which is ship's time, and the port schedule from the Vigo port authority also shows 8am, which would be local time. Therefore, it appears that ship time and local time will be the same. The port authority time can be considered as solid as possible (weather and acts of God not withstanding) since they have to schedule shipping traffic around the arrival of such a large vessel, and have the pilots and tugs standing by.

here is an email from RCCL shore excursion people.

shorex@rccl.com

Jul 22

to me

Hello Edward,

I hope this email finds you well. Please be advised that all debarkation times on itineraries are on local times.

Thank you and have a great day.

Inquiry Team Coordinators, Global Tour Operations

fax: 305-539-4131| email: shorex@rccl.com

so arrival times are local times.

Your still at it??:rolleyes:

here is an email from RCCL shore excursion people.

shorex@rccl.com

Jul 22

to me

Hello Edward,

I hope this email finds you well. Please be advised that all debarkation times on itineraries are on local times.

Thank you and have a great day.

Inquiry Team Coordinators, Global Tour Operations

fax: 305-539-4131| email: shorex@rccl.com

so arrival times are local times.

Great! Thank you!