If we like Celebrity, will we like P&O?

MissMilliment

I really think a bug is the luck of the draw. The NHS will tell you there is around 200% more faecal bacteria on a chopping board than a toilet seat in the average house and I wouldnt think a ships restroom is the only or most likely place to pick up a bug.

Unless you are going to wear vinyl gloves and a face mask in all public areas of the ship then its pretty much a pointless exercise.

So, we have some using their elbow, some their knuckles and some a certain finger joint to push the lift buttons.

I might start pushing the lift button with my Blankety Blank.

Never use the public restrooms - too much risk of Noro - prefer to go back to my stateroom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As lots of the Ladies public restrooms on the Oriana seemed to be permanently out of order I had no choice but to go back to the cabin! I did like the idea of using a paper tissue to open the outer door and the bin in the corridor to throw the tissue in after use. Very sensible and almost everyone did it. Simple and effective.

But back to the original question; We found Celebrity better than P&O, but it really is a personal choice. One man's meat......

Must be a dirty P&O thing as most other lines tend to have an attendant in the washroom most of the time, spraying, cleaning and sanitising.

I certainly wouldn't trundle from a bar or venue all the way back to my cabin, I have much better things to do with my time!

Get real! Been on lots of lines and never, ever seen an attendant continually in a restroom spraying and sanitising. Sure you see them cleaning and I used to use the restrooms until I went down with what was luckily a mild dose of a noro type infection, so decided to remove one factor from the equation of where I picked it up. Believe me cabin confinement and a 'bland' diet when on an expensive and long awaited cruise is not something I particularly want to repeat.

How many P&O cruises have you been on and which ships? You do come across as a Celebrity 'cheerleader' 😒

I use the second joint of a finger, or an elbow, plus lots of hand washing. (not in the lift i add)

Another dark, dingy bar, the rising sun on Arcadia, and don't mention the exchange on Ventura :eek:

Thats what I use - the second joint of my second finger on my left hand - easier to call it a knuckle. I also try to never touch handrails with my bare hands (have a tissue in my hand as a barrier if needed) - there are lots of people with less than ideal cleanliness habits, just take a good look at fellow passengers in the buffet!

Get real! Been on lots of lines and never, ever seen an attendant continually in a restroom spraying and sanitising. Sure you see them cleaning and I used to use the restrooms until I went down with what was luckily a mild dose of a noro type infection, so decided to remove one factor from the equation of where I picked it up. Believe me cabin confinement and a 'bland' diet when on an expensive and long awaited cruise is not something I particularly want to repeat.

How many P&O cruises have you been on and which ships? You do come across as a Celebrity 'cheerleader' [emoji19]

Many times on many lines I have seen an attendant pretty much in or in the vicinity of the washrooms. As someone else pointed out on other lines there are constant "pointed triangles" in the loo's - they don't point themselves.

Celebrity cheerleader? On the very first page of this thread this is my response to the initial question, hardly dissing P&O and raving about Celebrity is it?

Personally I don't think you will find P&O up to Celebrity standards particularly in staff and food but I'm sure you will find P&O pleasant enough.
Edited by richleeds

Getting real....

Well, on our Oct 2013 South Pacific cruise there were attendants in both ladies and men's rooms. At first I thought it was nice to have the room kept tidy at all times, but after a couple of days it was annoying. She was lovely and doing a great job, but it was just too personal and she even got to the point of greeting or parting with some passengers with a hug. I've been cruising with Celebrity for a few years now, and I never had a problem with the restrooms not being tidy even without the attendants.

On Eclipse Jan.25 trip the restrooms all had attendants cleaing & folding handtowels. didn't see that much at all on Cunard. I think it added a nice touch of service. Could also be part of the keeping Norovirus at bay.

I have often seen attendants posted in the ladies restrooms, particularly those outside the buffet. They usually open the door for you after you have washed your hands. On my last cruise the same attendant was in the restroom almost every day. I always hope that their presence will encourage all women to wash their hands!

Haven't been on a Celebrity Cruise so interested in all the views. Some people are a bit grumpy though. Is it not simply personal choice? We have been perfectly happy with P & O over the past 10 years having cruised with them 17 times during this period. Over the 10 year period we have noticed a reduction in certain levels of service but not so much that it would turn us away from P & O or spoil our enjoyment of a cruise. Having been to the Caribbean 9 times with direct flights from Scotland to Barbados all we can do is congratulate P & O on their organisation of all concerned with getting to and from the ships.

As we said it is all personal opinion so here is our tuppenceworth ! We have tried other cruise lines in particular Costa and Cunard. As far as Costa is concerned in our opinion EVERYTHING was done better by P & O and we would never ever cruise with Costa again. Their lack of organisation beggared belief. It was nothing to do with getting away from the comfort of British style P & O type cruises. We enjoyed the varied passenger nationalities and didn't even mind the 5 or 6 different languages on every announcement. It was the shambles in the Dining Room, disembarkation at every port and the entertainment was shocking !

As for Cunard, again in our opinion, I felt that P & O was better in Entertainment, Staff friendliness and believe it or not quality of the dining experience. We were 'ordinary' class not the upper echelons with their own dining rooms so we cannot comment on them. There were areas where Cunard outscored P & O but overall we felt that the cruise experience was better with P & O than with Cunard and this is before taking into account value for money probably P & O best quality. We would cruise again with Cunard though; Costa Never Never Never Never !!!!! Off to the Caribbean again on Ventura in 7 weeks; can't wait.

As we said it is all personal opinion so here is our tuppenceworth ! We have tried other cruise lines in particular Costa and Cunard. As far as Costa is concerned in our opinion EVERYTHING was done better by P & O and we would never ever cruise with Costa again. Their lack of organisation beggared belief. It was nothing to do with getting away from the comfort of British style P & O type cruises. We enjoyed the varied passenger nationalities and didn't even mind the 5 or 6 different languages on every announcement. It was the shambles in the Dining Room, disembarkation at every port and the entertainment was shocking !

Exactly the same with MSC - 2 lines to avoid!