Shuttle from FLL to MIA hotel

DKNE

All I've read, from sas, qls and jiffy jeff, is that they shuttle from airports to ports and not to Miami hotels.

Suggestions on who to use to shuttle us from FLL airport to a downtown Miami hotel ?

Thanks.

Most will also shuttle to downtown Miami hotels; most will not shuttle to the MIA airport and hotels in that area.

If you are arriving in the afternoon or evening expect to pay more for shuttle service - the $15 rate you often see mentioned is typically for a morning to noon run to POM when they know they can fill the van.

How many travelling together? :confused: for 3-4 a car service/cab/limo may be a better option. A taxi from FLL to downtown Miami hotels will run on the meter about $80. Go Airport will run a private car to downtown hotels for about $90. Larry's Limos and Holland Limo are often suggested on these boards.

Going straight from FLL to your downtown Miami hotel you shoudl have lots of options - shop around among the various shuttle providers, or spend the extra bucks to skip the shared shuttle and take a cab or the car service.

I've used Go Airport Shuttle to go from FLL to the IC Downtown and then from the POM to FLL. It's been four of us each time and we've booked their towncar service which has been quick and convenient using.

Others use and like QLS but we were not impressed the one time we used them.

Edited by aurelius180

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so SAS says they service downtown Miami hotels. How can I tell which ones, as their site only shows the FLL ones.

I can't call long distance down to Florida from Canada.

Is there a list that shows which Miami hotels they service ?

I suspect they will be happy to drop you at any of the popular hotels close to POM - look at Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Doubletree and the next door Marriott. If they do not service the hotel you list on your reservation form they should let you know.

ok, so SAS says they service downtown Miami hotels. How can I tell which ones, as their site only shows the FLL ones.

I can't call long distance down to Florida from Canada.

Is there a list that shows which Miami hotels they service ?

SAS dropped us off at Holiday Inn Port of Miami last Feb. They seem to drop off mostly in the down town area of Miami. Have you tried sending Steve at SAS an email and see what he has to say? He told me today we would be better off staying at one of the hotels on the list on their web site. We really liked Holiday Inn last year but can't get a reservation this time.

FYI - I spoke with Steve at SAS yesterday (we cruise in 2 weeks). He told me that SAS no longer goes from FLL to Miami hotels (at least for our arrival time at 3pm). SAS does still go to FLL hotels on their list, and to and from Miami cruise port for FLL. Please call to verify, but that's what he told me.

So we will be using Go Shuttle.

Hope this helps.

FYI - I spoke with Steve at SAS yesterday (we cruise in 2 weeks). He told me that SAS no longer goes from FLL to Miami hotels (at least for our arrival time at 3pm). SAS does still go to FLL hotels on their list, and to and from Miami cruise port for FLL. Please call to verify, but that's what he told me.

So we will be using Go Shuttle.

Hope this helps.

Yup - afternoon and evening runs from FLL to Miami have fewer shuttle options (and higher prices) than those going from the FLL area to POM in the late morning do. Go Airport (based inside the FLL airport) runs 24/7, but it will cost you extra $$.