Silly Looking Price Hikes

old nutter

We can't yet commit to a cruise next year because we have got a very old ailing dog and don't know if she will make it until next March when we would like to go on another NCL cruise in the Med. If she does make it to March next year we will not be able to find anyone to look after her. Hence we have been keeping an eye on one or two options in case the old girl pegs it before then - no way will we accelerate her demise while she is still enjoying life, so putting the holiday on hold for the time being is the only way forward for us.

We have been tracking a Jade cruise in mid-March since the summer. As there are three of us and we like our space and comfort, we were looking at a Haven 2-bed suite and the price for the three of us in August was £4679 (about $6900) with seven of them still free. I have just had a look at it again today and there are still seven free but the price has exploded up to £6047 ($9070). That is a rise of over 31% in two months. Surely that is way out of order! The rise cannot be due to an increse in demand because there clearly wasn't any there in August at the prices then, let alone now after this crazy hike and the Pound/Dollar rate has only dropped a few percent over that time, so it isn't that.

Has anyone else found prices that are still around five months out for other NCL cruises that have rocketted by such crazy percentages? I know they have got to pay for the Oceania + purchase, but I wouldn't have thought that trying to rip off loyal NCL cruisers to pay for it was good business. This is one Platinum cookie who will be looking elsewhere if this is going to be company policy - or has the beloved NCL price computer got a temporary headache after that recent (US-only) cashback offer?

Edited by old nutter
Spulling Mustike

Our January cruise has gone up over $600/person (for an aft cabin). Really glad we booked early. It seems like prices keep going up instead of down, at least for our sailing. I was keeping an eye out in case suite prices went down but I think for now I'll be happy with our aft.