King Tut Tickets Dance!

JoyAnn

JoyAnn,

You will enjoy the exhibit. I went in late June (LACMA) on a Friday afternoon. It was crowded but we were able to see each item in detail by waiting for other viewers to move on. People were very courteous. We felt the Omar Sharif audio was well worthwhile. We spent two hours in the exhibit and felt as if that was an adequate amount of time. I purchased the souvenir hard cover book in advance from Amazon.com (much less than the price the museum sells it for). The book has photos of each item in the exhibit along with much other excellent information. If you read the book in advance, you will be better prepared for the exhibit.

I was in Egypt in the mid-70's twice and was fortunate to see the King Tut exhibits in the Cairo Museum as well as visit the tomb near Luxor. I also went to the King Tut exhibit at LACMA twice in 1978.

Enjoy, Margi

You are my hero (Egypt wise).

Thanks for the idea about the book, I think I will have enough time to order before we leave on the 15th if I do it right now. I wonder if Barnes and Nobel has it? We have one right across the street from where I work.

Thanks again, I am so looking forward to this.

Joy

JoyAnn,

You will enjoy the exhibit. I went in late June (LACMA) on a Friday afternoon. It was crowded but we were able to see each item in detail by waiting for other viewers to move on. People were very courteous. We felt the Omar Sharif audio was well worthwhile. We spent two hours in the exhibit and felt as if that was an adequate amount of time. I purchased the souvenir hard cover book in advance from Amazon.com (much less than the price the museum sells it for). The book has photos of each item in the exhibit along with much other excellent information. If you read the book in advance, you will be better prepared for the exhibit.

I was in Egypt in the mid-70's twice and was fortunate to see the King Tut exhibits in the Cairo Museum as well as visit the tomb near Luxor. I also went to the King Tut exhibit at LACMA twice in 1978.

Enjoy, Margi

Archived