Pacific Sun, N614, April 30 2006

samushy

Just paid the deposit. 254 days to go. Gonna have to get a new countdown clock

Samushy,if you don't mind my asking did you get a good deal for this cruise,My daughter 26 and her son 7 are looking to book.I told her all about the ship,I think she will like the party atmosphere.Are you going with a group?

Hi Past it,

until 30th september your daughter can get up to 50% offf this cruise with the early bird savers. There are a couple of travel agent sites that she can visit offering better rates than p&o. Check out bestcruises.com.au and compare- i found them to be the cheapest.:)

Hi Past it,

until 30th september your daughter can get up to 50% offf this cruise with the early bird savers. There are a couple of travel agent sites that she can visit offering better rates than p&o. Check out bestcruises.com.au and compare- i found them to be the cheapest.:)

Samushy,I did look at Best cruises,then went to TA to get new brochure for her.She has to pay 2 adult fares for her and 8 yo.But at the reduced rate.I rang agent to confirm an idea of mine.For an extra person its 350 so I rang again to make sure and they said yes. So I might be going with Daughter to "MIND" grandson.I will be the Nanny.So I get a cheap trip out of it.I will chip in a bit more of course.I am going on my own cruise later in the year thats why I never thought of going,plus she did want to rave/party or whatever you call it nowdays.I am waiting till she gets back to see if we book it.The one she is after is in May.Will get back to you...Thanks Ps. did you get a past passenger discount or anything?

Samushy,I did look at Best cruises,then went to TA to get new brochure for her.She has to pay 2 adult fares for her and 8 yo.But at the reduced rate.I rang agent to confirm an idea of mine.For an extra person its 350 so I rang again to make sure and they said yes. So I might be going with Daughter to "MIND" grandson.I will be the Nanny.So I get a cheap trip out of it.I will chip in a bit more of course.I am going on my own cruise later in the year thats why I never thought of going,plus she did want to rave/party or whatever you call it nowdays.I am waiting till she gets back to see if we book it.The one she is after is in May.Will get back to you...Thanks Ps. did you get a past passenger discount or anything?

No I didnt- but the reason for that was the last cruise i went on was booked by my parents and at that time only the person's name that was on the booking was entitled to a past passenger discount. But ask any way- you may still be eligible- although the prices ar 50% off

No I didnt- but the reason for that was the last cruise i went on was booked by my parents and at that time only the person's name that was on the booking was entitled to a past passenger discount. But ask any way- you may still be eligible- although the prices ar 50% off

Hi lolliepollie81,My D went into today and booked the trip she went for sun 616 in May.She got the 50% off and its only a few hundred for grandson.So it looks like I am going again on the Sun,I never thought I would be again!She would have had to pay the full price anyway for him,so another person is only a bit more,couldn't turn it down,I promised to mind him in the evenings so she can party.A pretty good deal. I am going to some new islands which will make a change.I love to snorkel.I will set her up on CC so she can find some shipmates on the same cruise. Look forward to your imput as you are before us.

Hi lolliepollie81,My D went into today and booked the trip she went for sun 616 in May.She got the 50% off and its only a few hundred for grandson.So it looks like I am going again on the Sun,I never thought I would be again!She would have had to pay the full price anyway for him,so another person is only a bit more,couldn't turn it down,I promised to mind him in the evenings so she can party.A pretty good deal. I am going to some new islands which will make a change.I love to snorkel.I will set her up on CC so she can find some shipmates on the same cruise. Look forward to your imput as you are before us.

Ps: forgot to say,when she got back from TA she said we have gone up a deck and are now on Baja. I said that can't be right as that is on the Sky. Rang agent and she looked it up on screen and it said same. She hadn't a clue about the ships. She said she would get back to me, I also mentioned the return Passenger concession,she is also looking into that. But just thought I booked last one,but if she booked this they won't give it to me ,will they ? I had to work today or I would have gone in.I thought that she should do it.I have done all the planning!!!Wow! 2 cruises in 1 year. Never thought that could happen.Have to save hard now.

i was originally going to book the N616 but my partners birthday is on the 13th may so i thought it would be nice for him to have his birthday on his first cruise. plus i wanted to go to pentecost and see the land divers. two cruises in one year- wow i suppose the sun cruise will just be a warm up for the bigger one. :)

Hi past it.

lucky you, going on another cruise so soon and two in the one year. What a clever grandma you are. Maybe there is a "business" opportunity as crusiing nannies using the cheaper fares.LOL

the other cruise sounds wonderful, cruising the med. what ports do you go to. Is there a link to it. i have checking out these boards and that cruise or hawaii sounds like our next one, Plus my husbands birthday is end of sept, so maybe i can 'take" him for a gift!!!

did you sort out about the baja deck?

Hi Kaseyoz, I am lucky,we sorted the paperwork problem.We are on Main deck midship outside view.This is quite good for the price. I paid much more for my last one Feb gone. I was on Empress then.My big cruise in Sept to the Med,I am flying to Uk for a few weeks to stay at relatives.then my 2 cousins and I will fly to Barcelona,Spain to cruise on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas.This is a huge ship,and very lovely.we go to marseille,nice ,livorno,rome,naples and back to Barcelona where we will have a few days and then fly to Uk again. I don't know how long I will stay away for yet,dependes how much money I save ????I hope not to spend too much on P.Sun this time.I have all the touristy things.I hope one day they might bring some of these lovely ships to Aus.Check out Royal Caribbean International and see for yourself.They are reasonably priced,just the airfare that bumps it up.Nice talking with you,we will again before then.:)

I will fly to Barcelona,Spain to cruise on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas.This is a huge ship,and very lovely.

HI! I am going on PSun October 9th. I actually live in Barcelona but am getting married then honeymooning from Sydney. I actually work at the port at the world trade center in barce, so I see those huge ships come in every day, that's what inspired me to go on a cruise from Sydney :). One day I'll take one from the port here, that would be amazing.

HI! I am going on PSun October 9th. I actually live in Barcelona but am getting married then honeymooning from Sydney. I actually work at the port at the world trade center in barce, so I see those huge ships come in every day, that's what inspired me to go on a cruise from Sydney :). One day I'll take one from the port here, that would be amazing.

Hi Fitzroy81,You will find P.Sun so small after seeing those Mega liners all the time.I really enjoyed my last cruise on P.Sun and I know the next one will be lovely too,just not in the same league as the other lines.But you make do with what you have.Can you recomend anywhere to stay in Ramblas area in Barc.Congratulations for your upcoming nuptials and I know you will have a lovely honeymoon.Are you going back to Spain?

Hi Fitzroy81,You will find P.Sun so small after seeing those Mega liners all the time.I really enjoyed my last cruise on P.Sun and I know the next one will be lovely too,just not in the same league as the other lines.But you make do with what you have.Can you recomend anywhere to stay in Ramblas area in Barc.Congratulations for your upcoming nuptials and I know you will have a lovely honeymoon.Are you going back to Spain?

We're moving to Spain permanently after the wedding for his work.

I actually didn't stay in any hotels when we got here!! so I can't help, I do recommend a tapas restaurant called "Ciudad Condal" Rambla Catalunya, 18. It's at the top of Las Ramblas and to the right on Rambla Catalunya. it's so good, I hope we can go there this week hehe before we head back to Australia.

Archived