Is the MDR Food on Reflection Getting Any Better?

gordylad

We were on the Reflection in June and out of all the Celebrity ships we have sailed on the food in the MDR was pretty poor. In fact I had to return my chicken dish as it was still pink.

I just spoke to friends who are just off the Reflection and although they enjoyed the ship in general once again the subject of food was the most negative with regards the MDR.

Any comments.

Food is very subjective. However, been on RCI 2x and Celebrity 1x this year. The food was OK, but not really like it was 5 years ago. Even in the Specialty Restaurants (SRs) the food was OK, not anything great. In fact, we consider the SRs now being the quality of the MDRs years ago.

Understand food is very subjective, however, when you are getting basically the same food such as steak, chicken, fish and pork, it should be good.

Normally on RCI the first night is the Pork Chop that is very thick and juicy. On Celebrity they had a Pork Chop that was very thin and dry. Lobster is very overcooked and rubbery now. We never order steak in the MDR after many times it was a very poor quality of steak.

This is my opinion and we no longer cruise for the special dining food. It is not there. JMHO!